Re: CAT control for TS 2000

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
      I believe the TS-2000 has a serial RS-232 connector on the back, a DB-9
      as I recall, probably male, so you should be able to get CAT with a
      direct female to female (straight thru) cable. Now here is the rub. Do
      you have a serial port on the computer? If not you will need a USB to
      serial converter. The SignaLink does nothing in the way of CAT. In
      fact, it uses a built in VOX to enable PTT. So unless you want
      frequency and or other radio controls from the computer, CAT is not
      necessary. But it is nice for frequency changes, so the frequency gets
      populated in the log automatically if you are using the HRD logbook, etc.

      73 - Gary - W5GW
    • Wayne Steury
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
        Thanks for your comments, Gary. Yes, I need a USB to the computer. This Gateway with Windows 7 does not have a serial port. I thought that someone out there might have connected their TS-2000 to Ham radio Deluxe and could help me. I understand that there are differences in Serial to USB converters.

        73s,  Wayne Steury  N9EGT

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
          Wayne Steury writes:

          > Thanks for your comments, Gary. Yes, I need a USB to the computer. This Gateway with Windows 7 does not have a serial port. I thought that someone out there might have connected their TS-2000 to Ham radio Deluxe and could help me. I understand that there are differences in Serial to USB converters.
          >
          > 73s, Wayne Steury N9EGT

          Just do a search for Windows 7 USB to Serial Adapters...Many to chose from.

          n5jeh
        • Wayne Steury
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
            FYI everyone -- this looks good ...

            This information was provided to Kenwood USA from a Kenwood end user.

            Kenwood does Not test any Non-Kenwood products so we would be unable to guarantee it.

            This information was provided as a courtesy to Kenwood end users.

            RT Systems makes a USB to DB-9 Serial connection ( USB-63 )and you may view the information on this web page.

            http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

            RT Systems
            P.O. Box 3510
            Rapid City, SD 57709