WSPR rig control with K3

  • gliderboy1955
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
      Dear Gang:

      Before WSPR 2.0 came out, I used CAT rig control between my Dell Inspiron 9100 and K3 with no problems. With WSPR 2.0, CAT control won't work. I've just worked around this, but now with frequency hopping in WSPR 2.20 I'd really like to get CAT working again. Does anyone have any ideas why this would work before WSPR 2.0 and not after? I am using a PCMCIA card for the RS-232 on COM14. WSPR gives me IO ERROR ERROR ATTEMPTING TO SET RIG FREQUENCY

      Yet both HRD and K3 Utility work fine over the same port (no, they are not open at the same time)

      I'm sure I've overlooked something simple. Thanks for your help.

      Eric WD6DBM
    • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
        Can’t help you figure that out... BUT, you can always just use VOX. That’s how I’ve been using WSJT and JT65-HF with my K3 from the beginning. No hassles (except for remembering to turn VOX OFF when switching to SSB mode, if you don’t use VOX on SSB).

        Bill W5WVO

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010

          How does VOX replace CAT control Bill? Got me beat on that one. J

          Barry KS7DX

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
            VOX is my workaround but with no CAT there is no freq hopping!

            73

            Eric WD6DBM

            Sent from my &$@!? iPhone

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
              Yeah, wasn’t thinking in terms of frequency-hopping, just T-R. Sorry. :-0
              Bill W5WVO