Help with M.S. path geometry and best times

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2010
      Hi All,

      I'm pretty new to M.S. and wish to learn a bit more.

      I understand that for random M.S. the best time is around 06:00hrs, due to the spin of the earth running into the trail.

      But I presume things are different with showers.

      I think that the shower for the upcomming Geminids is around the 5th to 20th December and the radiant appears to come from Castor in Gemini.

      Looking at the predictions for Castor, on the 5th it rises in east at 17:00 peaks at 66 degrees at 02:40 and sets in the west at 12:47.

      As the DX is predomently in the east from my QTH, what would be the best time and QTF. What sort of geometry am I looking for?

      Thanks very much

      Nick G0HIK