Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: CQ - calling frequency ...

  • w5uwb2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2010
      Also, I a close gent is looking one way and you want to look the other, just announce on the PJ that you will be using whatever sequence your close station is using that way you both TX and Rx at the same time. No problem unless you are chasing "randoms"

      73 - John W5UWB

      In a message dated 11/27/2010 6:06:25 P.M. GMT Standard Time, dave@... writes:

      I agree,
      Years ago during the random hours,  it would be common to decode 3-4 individual stations on the same sequence.  Ah, the good ol days.

      Dave NZ3M (ex AB3BK)

      __________________________

      "Dear Gang,

      Just my humble opinion is that every one call on the calling
      frequency using the u/d method and call no matter if others
      are calling or not. The frequency will support probably 10
      or more folks calling at the same time as the meteor scatters
      the signals different ways. There is usually not any interference
      because we only get a very short ping from one of the many stations
      calling. So, if you call and monitor on 50.260 MHz or 144.140 MHz,
      We are going to hear more and varied signals.

      I think that some fear that they are interfering with other stations
      when they are calling on the calling frequency. In some cases more
      that one station will be decoded. But most times a distant station
      will only hear one of many stations calling CQ on the calling frequency.
      So you're not interfering with a station that you might hear.

      Just my 2 cents worth.

      73 Dave
      WA5DJJ

      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ