Re: 12/27/03 and 01/03

  • w5uc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2004
      YES!!!! Definitely! When monitoring, i would like to know who sent
      what.

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Brackin <bbrackin@b...> wrote:
      > Combined issue this go round. I was in EM77 getting to see new
      > granddaughter for 1st time so the 12/27 report took the back
      burner!
      > Holidays seemed to have mixed effect - some, like me off doing
      things
      > and others at home having a chance to participate more.
      >
      > I have a question/suggestion to the group. Would it be worthwhile
      > add a 'de' to message #1? Several have sent reports but not sure
      who
      > was calling vs being called. Adding the 'de' would help much like
      the
      > single 26 and 2626 setting order of calls in message #2. It would
      > probably help more on 6m where b/s can be better than direct at
      times.
      > Would not take a second to add it for RH. I'm going to try it
      tomorrow.

      > 12/27/03 WSJTGROUP Random Hour Summary
      >
      > Reporting
      > Station 2m
      > W5SNX - amp down but heard WA5UFH, KM5PO, VE3SCP(CQ) and K5CZD
      > sending reports to K1JT and WA3LTB
      > K5CZD - Tried K1JT and WA3LTB and also heard VE3SCP
      > K4FJW - Heard CQ from KD5IUG
      > WA3LTB - Tried K5CZD and heard WA8CLT and VE3SCP (tropo)
      > VE3SCP - Heard K5CZD working WA3LTB and K1JT, heard WA8CLT
      > WA5UFH - Heard KM5PO, K4FJW and K5CZD
      >
      > Reporting
      > Station 6m
      > W5SNX - bad QRN and QRM - nil heard
      > K5CZD - Tried WA5UFH and heard W5SNX and K7BV/1
      > K4FJW - Tried KD5IUG, heard WA5UFH, KM5PO, K5CZD and WW2R
      > WA3LTB - Heard W5SNX
      > VE3SCP - Worked K9SQL
      > WA5UFH - worked KD5IUG, KC0JDW (U5), "almost" with K4FJW and
      > heard W5SNX + heard K8ROX and K5CZD after RH
      > K9SQL - Worked VE3SCP, heard CQ's from W5SNX, KM5PO, WW2R, K8MD,
      > K8ROX, WA5UFH(U6), K7BV/1(D3) and K8SL, heard
      KD5IUG/N8OB
      > trying and K5CZD sending rpt to W5SNX
      > KD5IUG - Worked WA5UFH, Tried K4FJW and N8OB, heard KM5PO, WW2R,
      > K7BV/1 and VE3SCP
      > Welcome Bob, K9SQL and you get the "Best Ears" award!
      >
      > 01/03/04 WSJTGROUP Random Hour Summary
      >
      > Reporting
      > Station 2m
      > VE3SCP - Heard AF4O and K4FJW
      > W5SNX - Amp still down, heard AF4O and others
      > KB1CJ - Heard one tropo but no decode
      > (Joe - it was probably K7BV/1 in FN31)
      > AF4O - Heard WA5UFH and K5CZD(tropo)
      > WA3LTB - Tried WA5UFH and AF4O - slim rocks
      > WA5UFH - Heard WA3LTB, AF4O and KC5OAO
      > K4FJW - Heard K7BV/1 and VE3SCP
      > KC5OAO - in sked with XE2AT but able hear WA5UFH, WA3LTB
      > and AF4O in later part of RH
      > K5CZD - Heard WA3LTB, N8OC, AF4O and WA5UFH
      >
      > Reporting
      > Station 6m
      > VE3SCP - Worked W5SNX and K4FJW, heard VE1RG and AF4O
      > W5SNX - Worked VE3SCP and WA5UFH, heard K7BV and K8ROX
      > KB1CJ - Heard K7BV/1 b/s
      > K4DD - Heard W5SNX, K7BV/1 and K9SQL and heard or saw
      > calls to K8ROX (running QRP-20W)
      > N7OR - Nil in Pac NW
      > AF4O - Worked KC5OAO and VE3SCP, "almost" with WA5UFH and
      > heard WA3LTB, W5SNX, K7BV/1, and K8ROX
      > WA3LTB - Worked K7BV/1, Tried K4FJW and heard W5SNX, KB1CJ,
      > KB0RST and VE3SCP ("Best Ears" with dipole!!)
      > K9SQL - Worked KC5OAO, tried with AF4O and heard K7BV/1,
      > VE3SCP, WA5UFH, K8ROX, W5SNX
      > WA5UFH - Worked W5SNX(U6), heard AF4O, KC5OAO, K4FJW, K9SQL
      > and KD5IUG/4(EM77) - AF4O and K4FJW calling WA3LTB
      > K4FJW - Worked VE3SCP and K7BV/1, heard KC5OAO, WA5UFH, W5SNX,
      > KB1CJ, WA3LTB and K8ROX
      > KC5OAO - Worked AF4O, K8ROX, K4FJW and K9SQL, heard KD5IUG/4(EM77),
      > W5SNX, WA5UFH and KB0RST. James says he heard AF4O,
      > K8ROX, K4FJW and KD5IUG/4 all in 1st RX period!
      > K5CZD - Heard KC5OAO, WA5UFH, K8ROX, W5SNX, K4FJW, K9SQL and
      > AF4O
      > KD5IUG/4 in EM77 - Worked K7BV(D7), heard KC5OAO (got the BRUCE
      EL39 hihi)
      > WA5UFH, AF4O, VE3SCP - had rise to SSW and that may
      have
      > blocked
      > me some on tx. Also had pings before RH from N3RN and
      CQ
      > from WQ5W
      > Welcome Craig, N7OR, Richard, K4DD and Joe, KB1CJ !!
      >
      > Better rocks tomorrow - hope to see all - Bruce, KD5IUG
    • Bob Poortinga
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
        Bruce Brackin <bbrackin@...> writes:

        > I have a question/suggestion to the group. Would it be worthwhile to
        > add a 'de' to message #1? Several have sent reports but not sure who
        > was calling vs being called. Adding the 'de' would help much like the
        > single 26 and 2626 setting order of calls in message #2. It would
        > probably help more on 6m where b/s can be better than direct at times.
        > Would not take a second to add it for RH. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

        A great idea! I'm going to use it also. And, personally, I think that
        the report sequence 'CCCCC RR CCCCC RRRR' should be changed to:
        'CCCCC RR RR CCCCC'. That way when you get a partial message like
        '26 K9SQL' you know who is doing the sending. I suppose this could be
        confused with a partial multi-tone 'R26 K9SQL', but I'm just a noobie,
        so what do I know ;-)

        73 de
        --
        Bob Poortinga K9SQL