12/27/03 and 01/03

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2004
      Combined issue this go round. I was in EM77 getting to see new
      granddaughter for 1st time so the 12/27 report took the back burner!
      Holidays seemed to have mixed effect - some, like me off doing things
      and others at home having a chance to participate more.

      I have a question/suggestion to the group. Would it be worthwhile to
      add a 'de' to message #1? Several have sent reports but not sure who
      was calling vs being called. Adding the 'de' would help much like the
      single 26 and 2626 setting order of calls in message #2. It would
      probably help more on 6m where b/s can be better than direct at times.
      Would not take a second to add it for RH. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

      12/27/03 WSJTGROUP Random Hour Summary

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      W5SNX - amp down but heard WA5UFH, KM5PO, VE3SCP(CQ) and K5CZD
      sending reports to K1JT and WA3LTB
      K5CZD - Tried K1JT and WA3LTB and also heard VE3SCP
      K4FJW - Heard CQ from KD5IUG
      WA3LTB - Tried K5CZD and heard WA8CLT and VE3SCP (tropo)
      VE3SCP - Heard K5CZD working WA3LTB and K1JT, heard WA8CLT
      WA5UFH - Heard KM5PO, K4FJW and K5CZD

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      W5SNX - bad QRN and QRM - nil heard
      K5CZD - Tried WA5UFH and heard W5SNX and K7BV/1
      K4FJW - Tried KD5IUG, heard WA5UFH, KM5PO, K5CZD and WW2R
      WA3LTB - Heard W5SNX
      VE3SCP - Worked K9SQL
      WA5UFH - worked KD5IUG, KC0JDW (U5), "almost" with K4FJW and
      heard W5SNX + heard K8ROX and K5CZD after RH
      K9SQL - Worked VE3SCP, heard CQ's from W5SNX, KM5PO, WW2R, K8MD,
      K8ROX, WA5UFH(U6), K7BV/1(D3) and K8SL, heard KD5IUG/N8OB
      trying and K5CZD sending rpt to W5SNX
      KD5IUG - Worked WA5UFH, Tried K4FJW and N8OB, heard KM5PO, WW2R,
      K7BV/1 and VE3SCP
      Welcome Bob, K9SQL and you get the "Best Ears" award!

      01/03/04 WSJTGROUP Random Hour Summary

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      VE3SCP - Heard AF4O and K4FJW
      W5SNX - Amp still down, heard AF4O and others
      KB1CJ - Heard one tropo but no decode
      (Joe - it was probably K7BV/1 in FN31)
      AF4O - Heard WA5UFH and K5CZD(tropo)
      WA3LTB - Tried WA5UFH and AF4O - slim rocks
      WA5UFH - Heard WA3LTB, AF4O and KC5OAO
      K4FJW - Heard K7BV/1 and VE3SCP
      KC5OAO - in sked with XE2AT but able hear WA5UFH, WA3LTB
      and AF4O in later part of RH
      K5CZD - Heard WA3LTB, N8OC, AF4O and WA5UFH

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      VE3SCP - Worked W5SNX and K4FJW, heard VE1RG and AF4O
      W5SNX - Worked VE3SCP and WA5UFH, heard K7BV and K8ROX
      KB1CJ - Heard K7BV/1 b/s
      K4DD - Heard W5SNX, K7BV/1 and K9SQL and heard or saw
      calls to K8ROX (running QRP-20W)
      N7OR - Nil in Pac NW
      AF4O - Worked KC5OAO and VE3SCP, "almost" with WA5UFH and
      heard WA3LTB, W5SNX, K7BV/1, and K8ROX
      WA3LTB - Worked K7BV/1, Tried K4FJW and heard W5SNX, KB1CJ,
      KB0RST and VE3SCP ("Best Ears" with dipole!!)
      K9SQL - Worked KC5OAO, tried with AF4O and heard K7BV/1,
      VE3SCP, WA5UFH, K8ROX, W5SNX
      WA5UFH - Worked W5SNX(U6), heard AF4O, KC5OAO, K4FJW, K9SQL
      and KD5IUG/4(EM77) - AF4O and K4FJW calling WA3LTB
      K4FJW - Worked VE3SCP and K7BV/1, heard KC5OAO, WA5UFH, W5SNX,
      KB1CJ, WA3LTB and K8ROX
      KC5OAO - Worked AF4O, K8ROX, K4FJW and K9SQL, heard KD5IUG/4(EM77),
      W5SNX, WA5UFH and KB0RST. James says he heard AF4O,
      K8ROX, K4FJW and KD5IUG/4 all in 1st RX period!
      K5CZD - Heard KC5OAO, WA5UFH, K8ROX, W5SNX, K4FJW, K9SQL and
      AF4O
      KD5IUG/4 in EM77 - Worked K7BV(D7), heard KC5OAO (got the BRUCE EL39 hihi)
      WA5UFH, AF4O, VE3SCP - had rise to SSW and that may have
      blocked
      me some on tx. Also had pings before RH from N3RN and CQ
      from WQ5W
      Welcome Craig, N7OR, Richard, K4DD and Joe, KB1CJ !!

      Better rocks tomorrow - hope to see all - Bruce, KD5IUG
    • w5uc
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2004
        YES!!!! Definitely! When monitoring, i would like to know who sent
        what.

      • Bob Poortinga
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
          Bruce Brackin <bbrackin@...> writes:

          > I have a question/suggestion to the group. Would it be worthwhile to
          > add a 'de' to message #1? Several have sent reports but not sure who
          > was calling vs being called. Adding the 'de' would help much like the
          > single 26 and 2626 setting order of calls in message #2. It would
          > probably help more on 6m where b/s can be better than direct at times.
          > Would not take a second to add it for RH. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

          A great idea! I'm going to use it also. And, personally, I think that
          the report sequence 'CCCCC RR CCCCC RRRR' should be changed to:
          'CCCCC RR RR CCCCC'. That way when you get a partial message like
          '26 K9SQL' you know who is doing the sending. I suppose this could be
          confused with a partial multi-tone 'R26 K9SQL', but I'm just a noobie,
          so what do I know ;-)

          73 de
          --
          Bob Poortinga K9SQL