Re: JT65

  • w5uc
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
      Thanks Brian:

      I was afraid thatwas what you were gonna say. Very Well, JT44 it is.
      I hope to be transmitting by the end of the weekend.

      73
      Mike, W5UC
      EM21pi

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "W3EME Brian Manns" <w3eme@a...>
      wrote:
      > That is correct.....JT65 C is the least stringent...
      >
      > This is why I will continue with JT44
      >
      > Brian w3eme

      Reading
      > the info on JT65, I see somehting about +/- 10 hz accuracy. I
      also
      > see something about AFC. So far I have not been able to get a
      grip
      > on just what I am reading. Does this mean that my RX/TX
      Frequency
      > stability must be within +/- 10 Hz? I can see this letting a lot
      of
      > us out when it comes to JT65. I have listened to my moonrise for
      > about a week with little success. Could this be the reason? I
      did
      > hear a lot of stuff during Quant's. This looks like an
      incredibly
      > enjoyable mode. Please set my thinking straight.
      >
      > 73
      > Mike, W5UC

      > Activity Periods
      http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/WSJTGROUP.htm

      Service.
    • W3EME Brian Manns
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
        Mike,
                       Try JT65C also...it may work. Quite frankly, I
        like JT44 better....much faster & works fine....have not heard of
        anyone working a station on JT65 that they could not work on JT44
        but I have heard the opposite.

                   Brian w3eme   (look forward to working you)

        wrote:
        > That is correct.....JT65 C is the least stringent...
        >
        > This is why I will continue with JT44
        >
        >                Brian w3eme

        Service.

        To unsubscribe, send an email to:

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • jfelts13
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 15 9:36 AM
          I made several contacts this morning on JT65 on 14076 and logged them.
          How do you open the log on the program to look at it??

          Jerry - Nr5A
        • Al
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15 12:08 PM
            Jerry:
            Look in the Programs/wsjt(x) (6 or 7 or whatever version you are using) folder. It is there and it's name is WSJT.LOG.

            Like Joe said in a subsequent message, it isn't really used as a "primary" log. Like so many hams, I keep a paper log and then transfer the data to a computer log. (take your pick) If for some reason I can't read my writing or missed something, I may be able to retrieve it from the WSJT.LOG file.

            Hope this helps.
            Al
            wa4ewv