Software crashes on startup

  • Always-Right
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
      Both WSJT and WSPR will not run on my vista based computer. Programs crash upon starting up. First time after installing, stating the program informs me,"cannot create a temp directory". All other times a page of errors about c:\python23\installer\in.py, line 296, in importHook. These are the only programs that won't run. Anyone having success with the programs? If so, how did you get them to start up?
      Tnx, Bob AA8X
    • Dave Edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
        Have not tried WSPR, but had problems with WSJT.
        My solution was to get rid of Vista and go back to XP.
        Problem fixed!
        Also took care of my weather monitor program failure also!

        .....Dave

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
          Hi Always-Right,

          On 11/4/2010 9:46 AM, Always-Right wrote:
          > Both WSJT and WSPR will not run on my vista based computer. Programs crash upon starting up. First time after installing, stating the program informs me,"cannot create a temp directory". All other times a page of errors about c:\python23\installer\in.py, line 296, in importHook. These are the only programs that won't run. Anyone having success with the programs? If so, how did you get them to start up?
          > Tnx, Bob AA8X

          You have not provided enough information to allow offering advice with
          any confidence, but I assure you that many hundreds of people are active
          users of both WSJT and WSPR under Vista and Windows 7.

          As a first guess, let me ask whether you followed the advice to install
          into a directory such as

          C:\Radio\wspr

          rather than the default

          C:\Program Files\wspr

          If not, do so and I suspect you will be OK.