WSPR Activity Page

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2010
      I am returning to WSPR after a long absence, and have been looking at
      the Activity page: http://wsprnet.org/drupal/wsprnet/activity

      A couple of questions regarding entries on this page:

      1. What does the letter "R" mean after many of the reported frequencies?

      2. Several stations are reported with an "R", but with no accompanying
      frequency. What is the significance of these entries?

      Ian, G3NRW
    • Barry Garratt
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2010

        The R means receive only Ian.

        Regards,

        Barry KS7DX

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2010
          Ian,

          Stations with an "R" are receive only stations. The frequency is for transmit only.

          David KC2WUF

        • tsmithers@cix.co.uk
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2010
            Ian,
            The R means that the station is in receive mode.

            The R with no frequency denotes that WSPR has reported itself to WSPRnet as being in RX
            mode but has not received any spots. As soon as a spot is received the centre frequency of
            the WSPR window is shown.

            Trevor G0KTN
          • Ian Wade G3NRW
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2010
              From: tsmithers@...
              Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 Time: 16:40:00

              >Ian,
              >The R means that the station is in receive mode.
              >
              >The R with no frequency denotes that WSPR has reported itself to
              >WSPRnet as being in RX
              >mode but has not received any spots. As soon as a spot is received the
              >centre frequency of
              >the WSPR window is shown.
              >
              >Trevor G0KTN

              Thanks, Trevor, and everyone else on and off-list who responded.

              Ian, G3NRW