Re: [wsjtgroup] Amplifiers to kb4zgo

  • jim bennett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
      Power is fine and it will definitely help, but the biggest gains are achieved by spending the time and money on antennas and "FEEDLINES" All the power in the world will not help if either of these two are not at the best you can afford. Put 200 watts into a feedline with 3 dB of loss and 100 watts dribbles out the other end.....the higher the loss the less there is to dribble.

      jim
      K4KAE
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2004
        Power is fine and it will definitely help, but the biggest gains are achieved by spending the time and money on antennas and "FEEDLINES" jim
        K4KAE

        Just FYI,
        I've found some really good buys on short runs of Andrews FSJ4-50B 1/2" heliax on ebay lately.

        73
        Dan

        Dan Evans K9ZF
        Scottsburg, IN 47170