Amplifiers

  • spider24112
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hello to all:

      I know I'm just starting to get the hang of this mode, so I am still
      learning and asking my self all kinds of questions hopefully some
      will answer for me. Example whether or not these modes can be done on
      FM ? and in the HF bands?
      I have read some of the posting that were sent out and things look
      promising for futher operations on WSJT / HSMS .

      Now here is my next questions. This one is concerning amplifiers. I
      hope you excuse me asking these questions because I don't know. I
      would like to have more power to work HSMS and I have been working my
      rig at half power since these modes are full duty cycle transmission.
      Where can I get some amplifiers that are hopefully tube type that
      will give me 200 to 300 watts of power on 6 meters and at least 200
      watts on 2 meters.

      I know I have looked on EBAY, QTH.com, and AES . I have seen some
      converted amplifiers that were HF and now converted to 6 meters. I'm
      sure the same goes for 2 meter as well . So if anyone has any
      suggestions on what I am looking for please let me know ..

      Thanks de KB4ZGO confused ??