Re: [wsjtgroup] Beta release of WSJT 9.0 documentation

  • TdM LABs
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 9, 2010
      Aloha Joe,

      Thanks for the addition of the "No Shorthand decode" option....neato!

      Jeremy
      www.w7eme.org

      On 9/9/2010 4:51 PM, Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO wrote:

      To add to Joe's announcement of the WSJT 9.0 public Beta:

      The "WSJT 9.0 Supplement to User's Guide" document currently on Joe's website doesn't yet cover a lot of the details of what changed in the WSJT User Interface -- and it was quite a bit! I'm writing additional material that will be part of the 9.0 Supplement PDF by Friday evening. If you have questions about some of the obvious changes in the user interface, they WILL be covered in the 9.0 Supplement very soon -- but they aren't there yet. Just be aware of this.

      73,
      Bill W5WVO

      Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 16:08
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Beta release of WSJT 9.0

      To: Users of WSJT
      From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

      A beta release of WSJT 9.0 is now available for free download on the
      WSJT Home Page.

      Briefly stated, WSJT 9.0 offers:

      1. A new mode called ISCAT, which replaces JT6M
      2. EME Echo mode
      3. Enhanced features and performance for FSK441
      4. Optional T/R period of 15 s for FSK441 and ISCAT
      5. Enhanced user-editable message templates for FSK441 and ISCAT
      6. Calculation of EME Doppler spread caused by lunar librations
      7. Some simplification and clarification of the user interface.

      More details can be found in the "WSJT 9.0 Supplement to User's Guide",
      available at

      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_9.0_Supplement.pdf

      A full WSJT 9.0 User's Guide is in the works, but not yet available.

      Go here http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html to find
      the WSJT 9.0 download link.

      After gaining some experience with the beta release of WSJT 9.0,
      please share your views and opinions about it! Of course, bug reports
      are also welcome.

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 15, 2010
        Thanks to Giorgio, IK1UWL, an Italian translation of the "WSJT 9.0
        Supplement to User's Guide" is now available. A link has been placed on
        the WSJT web site:

        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html

        ... or you may click on a direct link to the Italian version,

        http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_9.0_Supplement_Italian.pdf

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 16, 2010
          To all WSPR users:

          I am currently experimenting with a WSPR version that controls and
          operates radios like the SoftRock RxTx Ensemble.

          With WSPR 2.1 you can check a box labeled "Enable I/Q mode" on the
          Advanced Setup screen. The program will then use 2-channel sampling at
          48000 Hz for both input and output. Your SoftRock sends its I/Q baseband
          signal to the computer's soundcard input; the soundcard output, also in
          I/Q format, goes to the SoftRock's Tx audio port. T/R switching is
          accomplished over the USB port. You need no other software such as Rocky
          or PowerSDR, and there's no need for anything like Virtual Audio Cables.
          Setup is extremely simple.

          Over the past several days I've been running an early version of WSPR
          2.1, in Rx-only mode. Right now I'm running in Tx-only mode, Txing 33%
          of the time, on 30 meters. It seems to get out well. I'll probably
          finish the T/R switching code and be in full operation within a day or so.

          I'm writing now to ask if there are others who have the necessary
          hardware -- a SoftRock RxTx Ensemble, or possibly other more-or-less
          equivalent systems -- and would be interested in testing WSPR 2.1. If
          you'd like to participate, please email me off list (k1jt at arrl dot
          net) and let me know what hardware you have.