Using DT to correct PC Clock

  • ltj_designs
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2010
      Meinberg NTP is great. It is a manual operation, but it can be used to add or subtract seconds from the PC clock based on DT values in WSPR. Problem. If the PC clock is off by more than a few seconds, you don't receive anything and thus don't have DT values to work with. It would be handy to have a "3 minute" mode for WSPR. It could hunt for and find the start of transmissions. This would allow for an initial PC clock correction.

      Andy WA3LTJ

      RE: [wsjtgroup] Using DT to correct PC clock

      Andy,

      This can be easily accomplished with Meinberg NTP. It is a *nix NTP client ported to Windows, and has the advanced features that are normally seen with *nix NTP clients.

      This client allows you to use multiple NTP servers for time sync. It can throw out receptions from time servers that are out of line. Of the time signals received that are perceived as accurate, it averages these timings and the result is used to set your PC time. Any adjustments (DT) are tracked over time, and automatically applied to your PC time. This is very valuable when you lose the connectivity to receive timings from your NTP servers.

      FWIW, I am not associated with Meinberg, just a satisfied user for several years J

      73 de WY5R - KD