Re: [wsjtgroup] 6 Meter digital with wsjt

  • Dave Sparks
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010
      I have an FT-857 and I still need to cut the power back to 50-55 watts to
      keep from overheating it with WSJT. Of course, I could turn the power up to
      100 W. and decrease the audio drive, which would accomplish the same thing.

      --
      Dave - AF6AS

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010
        If you really want no HF coverage, you can look for any of the 6-meters-only or VHF/UHF multi-band all-mode radios made over the last couple of decades. Do your research online. I have no advice to offer, because I operate both HF and 6 meters. I own a K3, arguably the best all-band, all-mode radio out there. I highly recommend it for 6 meters.

        But scratch the Ranger off the list before you start. It's what Jerry said it is. It probably even comes complete with a Roger Beep. [aarrgghhhh] Not suitable for serious amateur radio use on weak-signal VHF modes.

        Bill W5WVO
        DM65qh