Re: [wsjtgroup] Shortest 6m m/s QSO ever?

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010

      Nice contact Bill, short distance or now was it? Consider the BS path might have been 400 miles out and 400 miles back ... now that is 800 miles. lol During Random Hour I hear stations on backscatter often time who are less than 400 miles from me. They are easy contacts provided the other station doesn't move his antenna when he hears you calling.

      Backscatter pings on six meters or more like the two meter forward scatter pings. Shorter and often times very strong.  Exciting to hear and decode.

      A while back Bruce (N5SIX) provided us all with a Backscatter Calculator. If you can accept excel files, this one works very well. Download it and put it on your desktop so it will be handy for making BS contacts on  PJ.  Take a look at it on the webpage or simply click below...

      tip
      wa5ufh