Needed grids

  • N0PB Phil
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hi everyone,
      I am still in process of getting things together to be able to go
      mobile/portable with WSJT on 6,2 and maybe 432.
      What I am asking now is for the most needed grids for all of you in this
      part of the world.
      I would like to keep it to an area within 250 miles or so of me for starting
      out..
      I am still unsure of the exact antenna setup at this time, but the power
      levels will be 100 watts on 6m and 100+ on 2m.. 2m will also have a SP-2000
      preamp.

      So look at your maps and let me know.. I will compile a most wanted list and
      go from there. I hope to be ready for test runs in a month or so.

      Happy New Year !!!
      see you on the rocks !!

      Phil N0PB EM39wo Missouri
    • Mike Hasselbeck
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2004
        I'll also make the same query to the group...I've done a half-dozen WSJT grid
        expeditions in the last 14 months and made about 50 QSOs via HSMS with best
        DX being around 1000 miles. Grids activated include DM55, DM64, DM66, DM73,
        DM74, DM75, DM84, and DM85. I'd consider those or possibly others within a
        200 mile radius of DM65. My setup is quite a bit less than Phil's: 50 Watts
        into 5-elements on 2-meters, but I can get way up in the mountains (in the
        neighborhood of 10,000 feet ASL). I've had a very high completion rate
        (better than at home QTH) with the portable operation.

        Mike WB2FKO
        DM65 Albuquerque
      • jay123
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2004
          To Phil, N0PB:
          Hi Phil - 2m nearby grids needed: EN31, EN20, EN29, EN49, EN28, EN49, EN37 and EN47.
          so...just about anything nearby would make me very happy !!
          73 happy new year - Jay K2OVS
        • jim bennett
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2004
            Hi Phil, thanks for the offer, I could use EN 20, 21 and 30 on 6. I have everything around you on 2.

            tnx
            jim K4KAE
            I am still in process of getting things together to be able to go
            mobile/portable with WSJT on 6,2 and maybe 432.
            What I am asking now is for the most needed grids for all of you in this
            part of the world.
            I would like to keep it to an area within 250 miles or so of me for starting
            out..
            I am still unsure of the exact antenna setup at this time, but the power
            levels will be 100 watts on 6m and 100+ on 2m.. 2m will also have a SP-2000
            preamp.

            So look at your maps and let me know.. I will compile a most wanted list and
            go from there. I hope to be ready for test runs in a month or so.

            Happy New Year !!!
            see you on the rocks !!

            Phil N0PB EM39wo Missouri

            To unsubscribe, send an email to:

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • David Robinson
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2004
              RE: [wsjtgroup] Needed grids

              Phil

              ww2r needed grids on 6m/2m:-

              on 6m: em29, em37,38, en22, en30

              on 2m: en20, en21, en22, en30, en32

              THanks

              Dave

              ww2r

               I am still in process of getting things together to be able to go mobile/portable with WSJT on 6,2 and maybe 432. What I am asking now is for the most needed grids for all of you in this part of the world. I would like to keep it to an area within 250 miles or so of me for starting out.. I am still unsure of the exact antenna setup at this time, but the power levels will be 100 watts on 6m and 100+ on 2m.. 2m will also have a SP-2000 preamp.

              So look at your maps and let me know.. I will compile a most wanted list and go from there. I hope to be ready for test runs in a month or so.

              Happy New Year !!!
              see you on the rocks !!

              Phil N0PB EM39wo Missouri

              ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ELTolB/TM

            • N0PB Phil

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 18, 2004
                  Hi all,
                   I am looking over the list I have put together from the replies I got previously for grids needed in this part of the world.
                  I still ask to keep it to within 250 miles of EM39wo.. I am asking one more time so I can start putting together some plans.
                   I should be ready for a trial run soon. If work doesn't keep me from it.. Hi Hi
                  The list I have so far is below. Needs for 6 and 2 meters combined.
                  EN20,21,22,23,24,28,29,30,31,32,33,37,42,43,47
                  EM16,18,19,28,29,36,37,38,46,47
                  It surprised me no one needed EM49. I am only about 10 miles from that grid..
                  Have a look and let me know.
                  73,
                   Phil N0PB EM39wo
                • jay123
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 19, 2004
                    Hi Phil: I still need following on 2m: EM37, EM47, EM28, EM29, EM20 and yes, EM49....Hope to work you during the trip(s) ?
                                         73, Jay K2OVS
                  • myron nolind
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 19, 2004
                      --- N0PB Phil <n0pb@...> wrote:
                      > Hi all,
                      > I am looking over the list I have put together from
                      > the replies I got previously for grids needed in
                      > this part of the world.
                      > I still ask to keep it to within 250 miles of
                      > EM39wo.. I am asking one more time so I can start
                      > putting together some plans.
                      > I should be ready for a trial run soon. If work
                      > doesn't keep me from it.. Hi Hi
                      > The list I have so far is below. Needs for 6 and 2
                      > meters combined.
                      > EN20,21,22,23,24,28,29,30,31,32,33,37,42,43,47
                      > EM16,18,19,28,29,36,37,38,46,47
                      > It surprised me no one needed EM49. I am only about
                      > 10 miles from that grid..
                      > Have a look and let me know.
                      > 73,
                      > Phil N0PB EM39wo

                      Phil,
                      As soon as I get my antenna back up, weather
                      permitting this month. Will email for a sched for
                      em19, 6 and 2.
                      73's Myron KC0MLS EM19rs

                      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
                    • N0PB Phil
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 19, 2004
                        Do you want me to add this to your previous list??
                        To Phil, N0PB:
                        Hi Phil - 2m nearby grids needed:  EN31, EN20, EN29, EN49, EN28, EN49, EN37 and EN47.
                        so...just about anything nearby would make me very happy !!
                                        73 happy new year - Jay K2OVS
                        The above was in your January 1 2004 e-mail.
                        Many of these grids are way beyond 250 miles Jay.
                        73,
                         Phil N0PB
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 19, 2004
                          Hi Phil,

                          I see you have EM46 on your list of grids submitted to you. If you
                          find your self headed down this way, let me know and I'll buy you a
                          cup of coffee.

                          Mark, KØXXX
                          EM46

                          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "N0PB Phil" <n0pb@s...> wrote:
                          > Hi all,
                          > I am looking over the list I have put together from the replies I
                          got previously for grids needed in this part of the world.
                          > I still ask to keep it to within 250 miles of EM39wo.. I am asking
                          one more time so I can start putting together some plans.
                          > I should be ready for a trial run soon. If work doesn't keep me
                          from it.. Hi Hi
                          > The list I have so far is below. Needs for 6 and 2 meters combined.
                          > EN20,21,22,23,24,28,29,30,31,32,33,37,42,43,47
                          > EM16,18,19,28,29,36,37,38,46,47
                          > It surprised me no one needed EM49. I am only about 10 miles from
                          that grid..
                          > Have a look and let me know.
                          > 73,
                          > Phil N0PB EM39wo
                        • jay123
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 20, 2004
                            HI PHIL - "M'S" AND "N'S" ALWAYS GAVE ME TROUBLE... SORRY ABOUT THAT - MY REVISED AND FINAL LIST IS: EN20, EN31 AND EM29, EM28, EM37, EM47, EM49.
                                          THANKS AGAIN - JAY K2OVS
                          • N0PB Phil
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 20, 2004
                              No problem Jay.. I was in EM28,36,37,38,39 today.. Wish I had better antennas on the work truck.. Called alot 50.260 and 144.140 with no luck.. Of course some rocks would help too.. Hi Hi
                              73,
                               Phil N0PB

                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 21, 2004
                                Why don't you put it on the air Mark?
                                Thanks for the offer.
                                73,
                                Phil N0PB

                                I see you have EM46 on your list of grids submitted to you. If you
                                find your self headed down this way, let me know and I'll buy you a
                                cup of coffee.

                                Mark, KØXXX
                                EM46

                                --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "N0PB Phil" <n0pb@s...> wrote:
                                > Hi all,
                                > I am looking over the list I have put together from the replies I
                                got previously for grids needed in this part of the world.
                                > I still ask to keep it to within 250 miles of EM39wo.. I am asking
                                one more time so I can start putting together some plans.
                                > I should be ready for a trial run soon. If work doesn't keep me
                                from it.. Hi Hi
                                > The list I have so far is below. Needs for 6 and 2 meters combined.
                                > EN20,21,22,23,24,28,29,30,31,32,33,37,42,43,47
                                > EM16,18,19,28,29,36,37,38,46,47
                                > It surprised me no one needed EM49. I am only about 10 miles from
                                that grid..
                                > Have a look and let me know.
                                > 73,
                                > Phil N0PB EM39wo

                                To unsubscribe, send an email to:
                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • Mark Hambrice
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 21, 2004
                                  Hi Phil,

                                  I'll be back on the air soon (He's says again with his fingers
                                  crossed). My father-in-law moved in with us a while back and we have
                                  had to devote a lot of time taking care of him. I've just about
                                  completed getting my new tower up and operational. Just a few more
                                  items and it "may" be finished. Every time it seemed like it would be
                                  completed, something always popped up to divert my attention.

                                  Anyway, it'd be nice to meet you and... once I am back on the air,
                                  there are a couple of grids in your area that I need also. So maybe
                                  we'll meet on the air.

                                  73 and drive safe,
                                  Mark, KØXXX
                                  EM46ff