Revised Random Hour Report for 8-14-1=2010

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2010
      Random Hour Report for 8/14/2010
      I received 7 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M

      K5TTT HRD: K0RI, KS7S, N5RKD, WA5DJJ, K2DRH (both sides
      of his Q w/KS7S)

      KI7JA WRK: W70UU(R)

      VE1SKY WRK: KC9ELU(S), N1SZ(S), NZ3M(S) HRD: W1LW, VE2DSB,
      K2DRH

      WA5DJJ WRK: KS7S(R), WA5UFH(R), N5OSK(R), N2ME/6(S)
      CNR: KC5NYJ HRD: K0UIF

      WA5UFH WRK: K4FJW(R), WA5DJJ(R), K9TM(S) HRD: KS7S, AA5AM,
      XE20R, KE7NR, N5OSK, N5RKD

      KS7S WKD: N5OSK(R), W5KI(R), K2DRH(R), WA5DJJ(R), KA9CFD(R)

      W5KI WRK: K0UIF(R), KS7S(R) HRD: WA3LBI, AA5AM, K4FJW, K2DRH
      W9NHE, N5RKD, WA5DJJ, KE7NR

      AA5AM WRK: N5RKD(S), K1RS(R), W9BLI(R), K2DRH(R), NOKE(S)
      WA4CQG(S), KA9CFD(R) CNR: K1HTV

      2M
      VE1SKY WRK: NZ3M(S)

      WA5UFH WRK: W0IOH(R) CNR: W8NJR

      KS7S WKD: N5OSK(R)

      SOAPBOX:
      KI7JA: I worked just one station this morning on 6M.
      I worked W7OUU (random) and then spent an hour
      calling CQ on 2m with no results. I wish more
      people would get on 2m, but everyone's chasing
      the FFMA award I guess.

      WA5UFH: Tim K9TM is new to WSJT and reports he has
      been reading the Random Hour Reports with great
      interest. His first HSMS contact was with K0AWU
      who was his elmer on the "Relief Page". Random Hour
      has provided a process for many newbie's to join in.
      Welcome aboard Tim. Besides being fun, RH does
      provide a process for new stations to listen and
      get interested.

      AA5AM: Contacts were relatively easy with lots of
      good burns. Was hoping for some long-haul (1000+ mile)
      contacts but just didn't happen.

      K5TTT: The weeks activities and lack of sleep with the
      Perseids finally caught up with me Sat. morning. I had
      planned to be up early Sat. AM to work some more but by
      the time I got up, condx seemed to be not so good and
      activity on PJ was low. All reports are HRD reports.
      I left the rig on 260 pointing W and logged what I heard.
      Heard some of these several times. My impression of the
      perseids this year was that it was not very good. Conditions
      didn't seem to get a whole lot of enhancement from the
      rocks. I often see more pings during RH. Success with stns
      over 1000mi was nil. I heard 3 stns during Ps but didn't
      work any over 1k. Worked 3 between 800-1000. Had fun,
      hope everyone else did too.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/