Re: [wsjtgroup] Re:Runtime error

  • David Hilton-Jones
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2010
      Sorry. Windows XP. Over the years, even with earlier versions of wsjt, it is only JT6M I have ever had problems with.

      It crashed this morning, but then worked fine for a QSO after that.

      David

      fre, 13 08 2010 kl. 11:34 +0100, skrev David Hilton-Jones:

      > I know this has been asked before but....
      >
      > Anyone know why v7.07 running in JT6M mode sometimes crashes with a message about runtime error and that the programme asked to close in an unusual way?
      >
      > 73
      >
      > David, G4YTL

      On which platform David?
      (and, I wouldn't worry too much about it, there will soon be a
      substantially revised version available)

      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
      ** and ninety-nine per cent **
      ** perspiration. **
      ** -- Thomas A. Edison **
      email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
      http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
      Ph. +45 4619 3239
      Snailmail:
      Peter Frenning
      Ternevej 23
      DK-4130 Viby Sj.
      Denmark
    • Stew
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 11, 2011
        Has the Runtime error ever been solved?
        I installed WSJT9 on my Windows 7 machine and it ran once. After I updated the settings the program would not reload. I get the "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error.
        After searching the achives I reinstalled the program in it's own C\ file. It then ran two or three times and is now doing the same thing.

        Please help me if you can.
        73
        Stew ke4yh
      • aj9c@indy.rr.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 11, 2011
          The same thing happens to me. I am using Vista Business.

          ---- Stew <ke4yh@...> wrote:
          > Has the Runtime error ever been solved?
          > I installed WSJT9 on my Windows 7 machine and it ran once. After I updated the settings the program would not reload. I get the "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error.
          > After searching the achives I reinstalled the program in it's own C\ file. It then ran two or three times and is now doing the same thing.
          >
          > Please help me if you can.
          > 73
          > Stew ke4yh

        • Stew
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 11, 2011
            On 7/11/2011 11:54 AM, Stew wrote:

            Has the Runtime error ever been solved?
            I installed WSJT9 on my Windows 7 machine and it ran once. After I updated the settings the program would not reload. I get the "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error.
            After searching the achives I reinstalled the program in it's own C\ file. It then ran two or three times and is now doing the same thing.

            Please help me if you can.
            73
            Stew ke4yh

            I might add that I cannot find a WSJT.ini or WSJT9.ini file. My OS is Windows 7 Pro.
            Stew

          • Alex SV1NZX
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11, 2011
              Hello

              WSJT.ini is in the directory - i have it here. Yes, i've had the same issue as well, but a clean install and, depending on the PC, Run as Administrator should solve the issues.
              Try that and if it works, you can set it up permanently in the program shortcut

              73 de Alex
              F/SV1NZX

              On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Stew <ke4yh@...> wrote:

              On 7/11/2011 11:54 AM, Stew wrote:

              Has the Runtime error ever been solved?
              I installed WSJT9 on my Windows 7 machine and it ran once. After I updated the settings the program would not reload. I get the "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error.
              After searching the achives I reinstalled the program in it's own C\ file. It then ran two or three times and is now doing the same thing.

              Please help me if you can.
              73
              Stew ke4yh

              I might add that I cannot find a WSJT.ini or WSJT9.ini file. My OS is Windows 7 Pro.
              Stew

            • Russ K2TXB
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 11, 2011
                Stew, I have a new Windows7 (64 bit) machine on the way.  I'll let you know if I have the same problem.

                73, Russ K2TXB

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 11, 2011
                  PS: Try logging in as administrator and see if it works.  The likely problem is that Win7 does not give you permission to write to an ini file if it is in the Program Files directory.  Moving the program to C:\ as you have indicated should solve that, but since you say you still do not see any ini file, something is still preventing the writing of that file.  Logging in as administrator should allow the wite no matter where.

                  Good luck, Russ K2TXB

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 12, 2011
                    OK guys thanks for the help and suggestions. I have it working now.
                    WSJT9 runs in it's own file under C\:
                    I delete my grid from the setup before shutting down:
                    Because I live alone, and am the only user of this computer, I'm always
                    logged in as Administrator:

                    I am limited on antennas right now. Using a forty meter sky loop but I
                    should hear the stronger signals on 6 meters.
                    I have a Maxon for 6m and a 13 el yagi for 2m hanging on the back fence
                    and will get some new coax run and get them up when the weather cools a
                    little.

                    What frequencies should I be tuned to on 6 meters?

                    Thanks again for all the help
                    73
                    Stew ke4yh
                  • Bruce Brackin
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 18, 2011
                      On 7/12/2011 9:57 AM, Stew wrote:
                      > What frequencies should I be tuned to on 6 meters?

                      Stu - Good deal on getting the program working.

                      The main calling freq most use (and should use!) is 50.260 for m/s
                      FSK441 and ISCAT. If you are watching PJ, you will see folks announce
                      CQ's all over the map - hi. Folks traveling about on grid trips will
                      often announce to this and and the FFMA group what their operating freq
                      will be for WSJT modes as well as SSB/CW. If you want to try JT65A,
                      then 50.276 seems to be becoming the main freq for that.

                      Learn to use the offset calling technique:
                      http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/randomhour.htm
                      I worked 5 randoms on 6m ms yesterday morning in an hour or so using
                      offset calling. Only one was on PJ or showing on the earwigging page.

                      If you get 2m going, 144.140 is the calling freq there.

                      Bruce N5SIX