Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT 7.06 and Ubuntu 10.04 audio out issues

  • Peter Frenning
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2010
      tir, 10 08 2010 kl. 23:28 +0000, skrev ClarenceC:
      You guys must have the patience of Job.....(I am hoping)

      Downloaded the current .deb version off the WSJT website and it installed without drama. Once launched I can decode jt65a without problems (i.e. audio in=0 works) but the choice of audio out=0 doesn't produce any audio output. I fiddled with alsamixer without success. The problem is that any audio setting other than "0" causes the software to crash on opening. Resetting both audio in and out to "0" allows the program to run. The terminal shows no alerts or issues on opening.

      The sound card is "good" and works with other software such as fldigi.

      Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I either need a way to make audio out=0 function or find a way to change it without crashing. Thanks in advance and 73

      DOC  WB0FDJ

      Take note of error messages in terminal (copy paste), I need everything from preceeding command promt to succeeding.

      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
      ** and ninety-nine per cent            **
      ** perspiration.                       **
      **               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
      email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
      http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
      Ph. +45 4619 3239
      Snailmail: