WSJT 7.06 and Ubuntu 10.04 audio out issues

  • ClarenceC
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10 4:28 PM
      You guys must have the patience of Job.....(I am hoping)

      Downloaded the current .deb version off the WSJT website and it installed without drama. Once launched I can decode jt65a without problems (i.e. audio in=0 works) but the choice of audio out=0 doesn't produce any audio output. I fiddled with alsamixer without success. The problem is that any audio setting other than "0" causes the software to crash on opening. Resetting both audio in and out to "0" allows the program to run. The terminal shows no alerts or issues on opening.

      The sound card is "good" and works with other software such as fldigi.

      Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I either need a way to make audio out=0 function or find a way to change it without crashing. Thanks in advance and 73

      DOC WB0FDJ
    • Peter Frenning
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10 11:13 PM
        tir, 10 08 2010 kl. 23:28 +0000, skrev ClarenceC:
        You guys must have the patience of Job.....(I am hoping)

        Downloaded the current .deb version off the WSJT website and it installed without drama. Once launched I can decode jt65a without problems (i.e. audio in=0 works) but the choice of audio out=0 doesn't produce any audio output. I fiddled with alsamixer without success. The problem is that any audio setting other than "0" causes the software to crash on opening. Resetting both audio in and out to "0" allows the program to run. The terminal shows no alerts or issues on opening.

        The sound card is "good" and works with other software such as fldigi.

        Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I either need a way to make audio out=0 function or find a way to change it without crashing. Thanks in advance and 73

        DOC  WB0FDJ

        Take note of error messages in terminal (copy paste), I need everything from preceeding command promt to succeeding.

        Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

        ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
        ** and ninety-nine per cent            **
        ** perspiration.                       **
        **               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
        email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
        http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
        Ph. +45 4619 3239
        Snailmail: