Re: [wsjtgroup] Two Meter WSPR

  • AE5B
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
      Without getting into the validity of the report, what would be the expectations
      of the various WSJT modes in Aurora conditions? From my limited experience (not
      much Aurora propagation in Texas), wouldn't any mode depending upon tone
      accuracy be a problem?

      John
      AE5B

      > About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.
      >
      > I guess this Aurora is making things happen.
      >
      > Phil
      > KD7ZD

    • Russ K2TXB
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
        clearly, this did not happen on 2 meters...

        Russ K2TXB

        Without getting into the validity of the report, what would be the expectations
        of the various WSJT modes in Aurora conditions? From my limited experience (not
        much Aurora propagation in Texas), wouldn't any mode depending upon tone
        accuracy be a problem?

        John
        AE5B

        > About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.
        >
        > I guess this Aurora is making things happen.
        >
        > Phil
        > KD7ZD

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
          I had some pretty good Au on 6M last evening.. but Nada was heard on 2M !  I have been told that FSK441 or JT65 would not work under Au condx..not sure about WSPR.. but I would Love to try sometime..! CW and SSB into the PNW and S VE7 only.. never thought about trying a Digital Mode.. too much fun with that Raspy Sounding CW to even think about it !
          Jerry VE6CPP
          DN39or

          --
          "Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world, doesn't mean you are any wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."  ---Edward R. Murrow

          ve6cpp@...

        • Walter Miller, AJ6T
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 10, 2010