Re: [wsjtgroup] Two Meter WSPR

  • Jerry Peters
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
      Strange, everyone else reported these stations on 10 mhz at that time, you are the only one that reported them as on 2m.

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
        Without getting into the validity of the report, what would be the expectations
        of the various WSJT modes in Aurora conditions? From my limited experience (not
        much Aurora propagation in Texas), wouldn't any mode depending upon tone
        accuracy be a problem?

        John
        AE5B

        > About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.
        >
        > I guess this Aurora is making things happen.
        >
        > Phil
        > KD7ZD

      • Russ K2TXB
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
          clearly, this did not happen on 2 meters...

          Russ K2TXB

          Without getting into the validity of the report, what would be the expectations
          of the various WSJT modes in Aurora conditions? From my limited experience (not
          much Aurora propagation in Texas), wouldn't any mode depending upon tone
          accuracy be a problem?

          John
          AE5B

          > About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.
          >
          > I guess this Aurora is making things happen.
          >
          > Phil
          > KD7ZD

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
            I had some pretty good Au on 6M last evening.. but Nada was heard on 2M !  I have been told that FSK441 or JT65 would not work under Au condx..not sure about WSPR.. but I would Love to try sometime..! CW and SSB into the PNW and S VE7 only.. never thought about trying a Digital Mode.. too much fun with that Raspy Sounding CW to even think about it !
            Jerry VE6CPP
            DN39or

            --
            "Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world, doesn't mean you are any wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."  ---Edward R. Murrow

            ve6cpp@...

          • Walter Miller, AJ6T
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 10, 2010