Re: [wsjtgroup] Two Meter WSPR

  • Dave Ackrill
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4 12:34 AM
      Clay W7CE wrote:
      > Nice! If I remember correctly, the number after their call/grid is their
      > power in dBm. Is that correct. If so, both stations were running 5W! Too
      > bad I'm not home. I can only work 6M remotely right now.

      Yes, that number is in dBm but it relies on the operator changing the
      number if they change power levels. I guess you could email them both
      and ask if it was 5 Watts?

      Dave (G0DJA)
    • Jerry Peters
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4 8:29 AM
        Strange, everyone else reported these stations on 10 mhz at that time, you are the only one that reported them as on 2m.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4 9:10 AM
          Without getting into the validity of the report, what would be the expectations
          of the various WSJT modes in Aurora conditions? From my limited experience (not
          much Aurora propagation in Texas), wouldn't any mode depending upon tone
          accuracy be a problem?

          John
          AE5B

          > About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.
          >
          > I guess this Aurora is making things happen.
          >
          > Phil
          > KD7ZD

        • Russ K2TXB
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 4 9:41 AM
            clearly, this did not happen on 2 meters...

            Russ K2TXB

            Without getting into the validity of the report, what would be the expectations
            of the various WSJT modes in Aurora conditions? From my limited experience (not
            much Aurora propagation in Texas), wouldn't any mode depending upon tone
            accuracy be a problem?

            John
            AE5B

            > About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.
            >
            > I guess this Aurora is making things happen.
            >
            > Phil
            > KD7ZD

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 4 9:46 AM
              I had some pretty good Au on 6M last evening.. but Nada was heard on 2M !  I have been told that FSK441 or JT65 would not work under Au condx..not sure about WSPR.. but I would Love to try sometime..! CW and SSB into the PNW and S VE7 only.. never thought about trying a Digital Mode.. too much fun with that Raspy Sounding CW to even think about it !
              Jerry VE6CPP
              DN39or

              --
              "Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world, doesn't mean you are any wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."  ---Edward R. Murrow

              ve6cpp@...

            • Walter Miller, AJ6T
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 10 3:05 PM