Re: [wsjtgroup] Two Meter WSPR

  • Phil KD7ZD
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2010

      I'm using a vertical so it's omni.  Yes, there could be a 20 db difference but who knows what they were using.  Notice the Illinois station came in at -6db.  I'd have probably got that one even if cross polarized.

      Phil
      KD7ZD
      From: Phil KD7ZD <phil@...>
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Two Meter WSPR
      To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 1:18 AM

      About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.

      I guess this Aurora is making things happen.

      Phil
      KD7ZD

    • Dave Ackrill
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
        Clay W7CE wrote:
        > Nice! If I remember correctly, the number after their call/grid is their
        > power in dBm. Is that correct. If so, both stations were running 5W! Too
        > bad I'm not home. I can only work 6M remotely right now.

        Yes, that number is in dBm but it relies on the operator changing the
        number if they change power levels. I guess you could email them both
        and ask if it was 5 Watts?

        Dave (G0DJA)
      • Jerry Peters
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
          Strange, everyone else reported these stations on 10 mhz at that time, you are the only one that reported them as on 2m.

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
            Without getting into the validity of the report, what would be the expectations
            of the various WSJT modes in Aurora conditions? From my limited experience (not
            much Aurora propagation in Texas), wouldn't any mode depending upon tone
            accuracy be a problem?

            John
            AE5B

            > About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.
            >
            > I guess this Aurora is making things happen.
            >
            > Phil
            > KD7ZD

          • Russ K2TXB
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
              clearly, this did not happen on 2 meters...

              Russ K2TXB

              Without getting into the validity of the report, what would be the expectations
              of the various WSJT modes in Aurora conditions? From my limited experience (not
              much Aurora propagation in Texas), wouldn't any mode depending upon tone
              accuracy be a problem?

              John
              AE5B

              > About an hour ago I copied a station on Wake Island and one in Illinois on 2 meter WSPR.
              >
              > I guess this Aurora is making things happen.
              >
              > Phil
              > KD7ZD

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
                I had some pretty good Au on 6M last evening.. but Nada was heard on 2M !  I have been told that FSK441 or JT65 would not work under Au condx..not sure about WSPR.. but I would Love to try sometime..! CW and SSB into the PNW and S VE7 only.. never thought about trying a Digital Mode.. too much fun with that Raspy Sounding CW to even think about it !
                Jerry VE6CPP
                DN39or

                --
                "Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world, doesn't mean you are any wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."  ---Edward R. Murrow

                ve6cpp@...

              • Walter Miller, AJ6T
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 10, 2010