Runtime Error

  • Phil KD7ZD
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 28, 2010
      I'm trying to get WSJT 7.07 running on my Vista machine.  I installed it an was having trouble connecting to my SignaLink USB.  I shut the program down in order to look at it later.  When I tried to open it again, I got the following errors.  ( See the screen shots.)  I uninstalled and reinstalled and still get the same errors.

      I sure would appreciate some help.

      I have no trouble running PSK or WSPR on this machine.

      Phil
      KD7ZD

    • Bob John
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010
        This software will kill destroy the Vista operating system. It did mine. Stay away for this software.
        Bob, AA8X
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010

          Bob this is just not true because many stations are using OS Vista with WSJT including me.

          Has anybody else experienced this and how many are using OS Vista with WSJT besides me?

          I did not install my wsjt application in C:\Program Files but rather in C:\Users\Randy to avoid the issues of administrator controls.

          Bob sorry you experienced problems with Vista / WSJT ... no such issues here.

          tip
          wa5ufh

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010
            Bob, that is not possible.  What did happen is that you already had a serious problem with your vista installation, and when you tried to run WSJT the computer crashed (due to trying to run software with the serious problem you already had).  This probably caused a boot error so you could no longer boot.  Or whatever.  There is no way that a program like WSJT actually can destroy the operating system.  But the operating system can be destroyed by low level processes (like device drivers) that misbehave.

            I'd suggest a complete reformat of your disk, a thorough disk and memory check.  Then reinstall vista (or preferably Windows 7 or even XP), then try WSJT again.  I think it will run fine.

            73, Russ K2TXB

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010
              I loaded WSJT 7.07 on my Win 7 machine. Its in C:\program files (x86) and when loaded I named the files
              WSJT7.07.

              Runs fine -

              73 - John W5UWB

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010
                I am running WSJT 7.07 r2031 on a computer with Windows Vista with no problems.  I agree with Russ's comments as to your problem.  The problem probably existed before you loaded WSJT.

                Bruce, KI7JA

                Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:38 AM

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010

                  Phil’s initial problem is that he has the ports set wrong. He has requested port 9 for his input port but that is an output device and he has request port 4 for an output and that is an input device.

                  Barry KS7DX

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 14, 2011
                    Help, I've loaded WSJT7 and even WSJT9 Beta. Initially it runs great and I input the settings required and also on the "Bozo's Guide". When I leave, I exit using the red X in the corner. The next time I return, I click on the icon on the desktop and the dos window opens then the Spec and WSJT boxes then I get an error message 'Runtime Error" where the application has requested Runtime to terminate unsually.

                    I'm running Windows Vista on a Dell PC.

                    Tnx and 73, Delwyn KH6DC
                  • Curt Nixon
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 14, 2011
                      Hi Delwyn...

                      I think the recommendation for this issue is to move the wsjt folder OUT
                      of the programs fodler and leave it as a stand-alone folder on C:
                      instead of the default location of inside the programs folder.

                      THis is a vista / win7 fix

                      Curt
                      KU8L