12/20/03 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2003
      Between holiday's, visitors and lots of reports, I'm running late
      pasting this weeks report together. General consensus from notes and
      reports was that 2m conditions were poor but 6m was hopping (and for
      some, 'skipping' with Es to my north for part of hour)

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      K4FJW - Nil
      AA1YN - Heard W9/G4FDX and line noise
      KM5PO - worked WB2FKO, Heard W9/G4FDX and WW2R (local DFW)
      AF4O - Heard KM5PO
      WA5UFH - power out most of hour but heard K0SM towards end
      WB2FKO - Worked KM5PO, no others heard
      KD5IUG - Heard and called WB2FKO and AF4O b/s

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      K4FJW - Worked W5UWB, WA5UFH and heard AF4O, KM5PO, VE3SCP,
      K8ROX, K7BV and KB9ZTF (right after RH)
      AA1YN - Bad QRN - nil heard
      KM5PO - Worked AF4O and heard W5UWB, K8ROX, KD5IUG, K4FJW,
      and WA5UFH
      AF4O - Worked W5UWB, KM5PO and WA5UFH, Heard K8ROX, VE3SCP,
      KD5IUG, K7BV, KB9ZTF and WB8SKP
      W0AMT - W5UWB calling K4FJW, WA5UFH CQ, K4FJW, and a CQ D3 (no Call)
      W5UWB - AF4O, K4FJW, K8ROX and K0SM and heard WA5UFH
      WA5UFH = Worked K4FJW, K8ROX, AF4O and K0SM. Heard W5UWB, KD5IUG and
      print on KM5PO/VE3SCP
      KD5IUG - family in and most earwigged and called some but tried
      WA5UFH (Tip switch to K0SM for new grid and "let me on
      the alter" at R27 - hihi!), heard K4FJW calling me and
      KM5PO as double, W5UWB, AF4O b/s to west, VE3SCP, K8ROX Es,
      K7BV CQ D7 and K0SM.

      Should note WA5UFH and W5UWB worked well together at close distance by
      coordinating and running same tx seq. Great to have Andy, K0SM and Jon,
      W0AMT join in last week. Mike, WB2FKO reports he will be out of pocket for
      tomorrow. At least 3-4 new faces on PJ this week and we hope they will
      join
      us in the AM.

      Bruce, KD5IUG