Re: [Moon-net] Icom IC706 MK II

  • pru1078246@terra.com.br
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2010

      Al
      http://www.rigpix.com/icom/ic706mkii_manual.pdf

      73
      SILVIO PY2SRB

      On Sex 2/07/10 10:10 , "Al" wa4ewv@... sent:
      Good day to the group:
      Does anyone have the schematic for the Icom 706 MK II --- NOT the "G" model?

      I have downloaded the schematic, but it is in a format that I cannot read. .DJVU is the extension. In searching the internet, I found references to it, but they all said I needed to scan my registry!

      So, either some way to read the files or if someone that has the schematic and can scan it I would appreciate it. Maybe someone could read the files and convert them to .jpg or something.

      Al
      WA4EWV

      E-mail verificado pelo Terra Anti-Spam.
      Para classificar esta mensagem como spam ou não spam, visite
      http://ecp.terra.com.br/cgi-bin/reportspam.cgi?+_d=SCY3NzgyNzM3I3Blcm0hdGVycmEmMSwxMjc4MDc2NDgwLjE0Mzg1MC4yNjM2OS5wcmV2b3N0LnRlcnJhLmNvbSwzODE4TerraMail
      Verifique periodicamente a pasta Spam para garantir que apenas mensagens
      indesejadas sejam classificadas como Spam.

      Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
      Atualizado em 02/07/2010

    • Dave Ackrill
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2010
        Al wrote:
        > BTW, the site mods.dk has files for almost everything you would ever need.

        Unfortunately, that site only allows you to download a few manuals per
        month unless you pay a subscription.

        Other sites are available to download manuals that do not make a charge,
        nor restrict the number of downloads.

        I'm not saying that mods.dk should not charge for their services, just
        that there are other sites that have manuals available to download that
        do not charge for their services.

        As ever, Google is a good place to go to to look for the other sites.
        Other search engines are available to use as well, of course. ;-)

        Dave (G0DJA)
      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2010
          If you have a few manuals that are not on mods.dk.. upload them and they give you something like 3 or 4 months credit for each one ! I uploaded a few I had on the PC.. and got this back..
          "You current member status is: VIP member, and it's set to expire 04-04-2011 09:41 local time."
          So that was about a Years Free Access to unlimited downloads for that !  Still a pretty good deal for the few $ they ask for donations though.. !
          Jerry VE6CPP
          DN39or

          --
          "Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world, doesn't mean you are any wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."  ---Edward R. Murrow

          ve6cpp@...

        • Jeff Moore
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 3, 2010

            Sorry - NO schematic in the user manual.

            Jeff   --   KE7ACY
            CN94

            ----- Original Message ----- From: pru1078246@...

            On Sex 2/07/10 10:10 , "Al" wa4ewv@wa4ewv. net sent:

[...]

          • GD0TEP
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010

              Hi to the group,

              I have a question regarding the DOS style window that's part of WSJT7.

              I'm getting the following: Warning: interrupt service interval 4453ms

              Everything else appears to be OK, although there's an issue with the time taken from the start of TXing and the radio actually sending tones. I guess that these two things are connect in some way, but how do I resolve this warning and the delay on start up of TX (about 1 or 2 seconds)

              Any ideas?

              73,

              Andy

              http://gd0tep.com

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010
                Hi Andy,

                GD0TEP wrote:
                > I have a question regarding the DOS style window that's part of WSJT7
                > I'm getting the following: Warning: interrupt service interval 4453ms
                >
                > Everything else appears to be OK, although there's an issue with
                >the time taken from the start of TXing and the radio actually
                > sending tones. I guess that these two things are connect in some
                > way, but how do I resolve this warning and the delay on start up
                > of TX (about 1 or 2 seconds)
                >
                > Any ideas?

                WSJT7 relies on the Windows (or Linux, Mac OSX, ...) sound system
                producing or consuming audio data at a smooth and nearly constant rate.

                That warning message means that on at least one occasion the interval
                between time stamps placed on buffers of audio data were significantly
                larger than expected. This probably means that a glitch has occurred in
                the supposedly smooth stream of audio input or output data. In turn,
                this implies likely problems in synchronizing and decoding the WSJT mode
                you are operating.

                The fact that you are receiving these messages means that your O/S was
                busy doing something else when it should have been servicing the audio
                I/O streams. Usually this means that you (or Windows, supposedly on
                your behalf) have too many other processes running at the same time as
                WSJT7. Be sure to terminate unnecessary programs, or prevent them from
                starting in the first place. Automatically started virus scanners,
                etc., can be a problem in this way.

                -- 73, Joe, K1JT
              • Danny Cristina
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010
                  CT1HZE, Joe is calling CQ on 50.245 JT6M First Seq at this time.

                  =======
                  http://www.pctools.com/
                  =======
                • GD0TEP
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010

                    OK Joe, thanks for that.

                    I’ve checked what’s running and there’s nothing that shouldn’t be…  By that I mean there’s a firewall, anti virus and the Microham router, but nothing untoward or CPU demanding.

                    Strangely, it hasn’t done it again, so perhaps something else was going on under the XP bonnet. (hood)

                    The only thing I still have though is a 1.5 second delay at the start of each TX period. The radio keys OK, but there’s a delay between key up and the PC sending the tones.

                    I’m lost as to what’s causing this short delay and I’m unsure what effect it’ll have on time synchronisation with other stations when trying to work someone.

                    73,

                    Andy

                    http://gd0tep.com

                    > I have a question regarding the DOS style window that's part of WSJT7
                    > I'm getting the following: Warning: interrupt service interval 4453ms
                    >
                    > Everything else appears to be OK, although there's an issue with
                    >the time taken from the start of TXing and the radio actually
                    > sending tones. I guess that these two things are connect in some
                    > way, but how do I resolve this warning and the delay on start up
                    > of TX (about 1 or 2 seconds)
                    >
                    > Any ideas?

                    WSJT7 relies on the Windows (or Linux, Mac OSX, ...) sound system
                    producing or consuming audio data at a smooth and nearly constant rate.

                    That warning message means that on at least one occasion the interval
                    between time stamps placed on buffers of audio data were significantly
                    larger than expected. This probably means that a glitch has occurred in
                    the supposedly smooth stream of audio input or output data. In turn,
                    this implies likely problems in synchronizing and decoding the WSJT mode
                    you are operating.

                    The fact that you are receiving these messages means that your O/S was
                    busy doing something else when it should have been servicing the audio
                    I/O streams. Usually this means that you (or Windows, supposedly on
                    your behalf) have too many other processes running at the same time as
                    WSJT7. Be sure to terminate unnecessary programs, or prevent them from
                    starting in the first place. Automatically started virus scanners,
                    etc., can be a problem in this way.

                    -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                  • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010
                      Andy, FWIW, my RIGBlaster Plug-n-Play does the same thing -- it keys the rig's PTT at the right time, but ramps up the audio to the rig over a short period (a couple of hundred milliseconds) starting about 1 second after the rig is keyed. This has caused no problems or bad DTs, as far as I can tell, presumably because the generated message bits (tones)are actually correctly time-synched to the clock starting at the beginning of the sequence; it's just that actual RF transmission doesn't start until a bit later in the sequence (1 sec or so). If this is what's going on with your setup, your MicroHam might be doing the same thing the RIGBlaster is doing. Seems benign. Also seems unnecessary... creeping elegance, we used to call it.

                      Bill W5WVO

                      > sending tones. I guess that these two things are
                      connect in some
                      > way, but how do I resolve this warning and the delay on
                      start up
                      > of TX (about 1 or 2 seconds)
                      >
                      > Any
                      ideas?

                      WSJT7 relies on the Windows (or Linux, Mac OSX, ...) sound system
                      producing or consuming audio data at a smooth and nearly constant rate.

                      That warning message means that on at least one occasion the interval
                      between time stamps placed on buffers of audio data were significantly
                      larger than expected. This probably means that a glitch has occurred in
                      the supposedly smooth stream of audio input or output data. In turn,
                      this implies likely problems in synchronizing and decoding the WSJT mode
                      you are operating.

                      The fact that you are receiving these messages means that your O/S was
                      busy doing something else when it should have been servicing the audio
                      I/O streams. Usually this means that you (or Windows, supposedly on
                      your behalf) have too many other processes running at the same time as
                      WSJT7. Be sure to terminate unnecessary programs, or prevent them from
                      starting in the first place. Automatically started virus scanners,
                      etc., can be a problem in this way.

                      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                    • Al
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010

                        Hello Group:
                        Correct me if I am wrong, but I read somewhere - heard somewhere - that WSJT doesn't start sending tones until 500 milliseconds after keying the transmitter. I am sure Joe will chime in on this.

                        As far as 'stuff' running, Windows loads a lot of services at startup. Right click my computer, then manage, services and applications, services, then at the bottom, standard. You can see all of the services. Several categories:
                        Manual, Automatic, and Disabled. The screen will also tell you the status of the service. I cannot tell you what to disable, but there are some services that are not needed.

                        I am sure that the Microsoft website can tell you what any one of these services does, and then you make up your mind what to disable.

                        Good Luck, and best 73,
                        Al
                        WA4EWV

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010

                          So… although I’ve never noticed this delay before, I’m going to assume that it’s part of the way the system keys up. It’s just with swapping out my Icom for a K3 and sorting out (with suitable help) as to what connects to what… I think perhaps I was being to critical…

                          Now all I need is someone to work… J

                          73,

                          Andy

                          http://gd0tep.com

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010
                            Bill, are you using a TS-2000?  They do that when feeding TX audio through the rear connector.

                            73, Russ K2TXB

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010
                              Yes, as a matter of fact I am. So it's not a RIGBlaster thing, then? Interesting.

                              Bill W5WVO

                              Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 4:16 PM

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010
                                Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO wrote:
                                > Yes, as a matter of fact I am. So it's not a RIGBlaster thing, then? Interesting.
                                >
                                > Bill W5WVO

                                I can't say I've noticed it happening on my TS2000.

                                When the PTT kicks in the audio comes up to power straight away.

                                At least within the limits of the external analogue meter to measure it
                                anyway...

                                Dave (G0DJA)
                              • GD0TEP
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010

                                  >I can't say I've noticed it happening

                                  on my TS2000.

                                  >When the PTT kicks in the audio comes up
                                  to power straight away.

                                  >At least within the limits of the
                                  external analogue meter to measure it
                                  >anyway...
                                  >
                                  >Dave (G0DJA)

                                  Hi Dave,

                                  Do you not monitor what is actually being sent then? It could be the way I’m reading your email but it sounds like you are saying that because power is going out, you are assuming the audio is going out.

                                  73,

                                  Andy

                                  http://gd0tep.com

                                • Dave Ackrill
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 4, 2010
                                    GD0TEP wrote:

                                    > Do you not monitor what is actually being sent then? It could be the way I'm
                                    > reading your email but it sounds like you are saying that because power is
                                    > going out, you are assuming the audio is going out.

                                    I often use the TX Moni function, but no, I can't say I, or those around
                                    me, are all that fond of the noise made by many of the data modes. So I
                                    mute both incoming and out going, using waterfalls to see the audio
                                    coming in.

                                    Dave (G0DJA)