Re: [wsjtgroup] Birdie underpressing ?

  • John Oakley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26 11:28 PM
      Hello Mike, All.
      Yes, I am in the same position on VHF. I have one right centre of the
      Frequency. Out of intrest did anybody get this Version to receive at all?.
      I am only QRP so dont expect to actually make a contact, but I mostly
      receive somebody on a Saturday morning. This week, not a thing on 2 Mtrs
      or 50 Mhz.

      73, John. (G4VQZ)

      ---------

      On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 18:51:43 +0100, Mike <ic-746@...> wrote:

      > Hello to all,
      > i am Mike, DH6JL, my problem is that i have many birdies around me.
      > At the Ver. 7 i could switch the ZAP on and the tone did not annoy
      > the decoding.
      > At Ver. 8 i could not find a ZAP or similar..is there a way to
      > underpress such tones before decoding ?
      > The tones on my side produces a RRR's or 73's.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for the help.
      >
      > 73 de Mike, DH6JL
    • airbus62
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27 2:06 AM
        Hello Mike

        No, unfortunately the ZAP code is not implemented yet in WSJT8,
        so we have to wait for one of the next releases. I already sent
        some mails with suggestions and WAV-files with no decodings
        (especially in JTMS mode on 2m) to K1JT. The birdie problem is
        present here as well and I am sure, Joe will drag and drop the
        ZAP code included in WSJT7 as soon as possible to WSJT8.

        He also told in "moon-net" that he will add the "no shorthands"
        switch again so that europeans, which usually do not use short-
        hands at all, won't get those "fake" reports anymore because of
        birdies.

        Regards de Chris, HB9DFG
      • TdM LABs
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27 8:23 AM