Re: [wsjtgroup] Yahoo Spam

  • Jim Forsyth
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8 12:41 PM
      Ignoring it is 100% effective.

      Jim, AF6O
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 10:25 AM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Yahoo Spam

      HI All,

      Well, I just joined this group hoping to learn what is going on with JT44
      EME.
      So far, little traffic, except SPAM has increased a lot in my in box.
      Anyone else notice that?
      Does it do any good to reply to the spam so they turn it off?
      So far I am ignoring it , but it does not go away.

      73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.

    • el29fx@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8 7:08 PM
        >So far, little traffic, except SPAM has increased a lot in my in box.
        >Anyone else notice that?
        >Does it do any good to reply to the spam so they turn it off?

        Yahoo has decided to open up everyones addressed to receive junk
        mail. you need to go to your yahoo preferences and tell it NO.

        I forget the procedures, but look at the archives, it's not to far
        back. It cut my junkmail down considerably.

        73
        Brian
        N5BA

      • DAVID MICHAEL GAYTKO // WD4KPD
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8 7:19 PM
          the attached text file is part of the problem...check it out.

          you must also go to yahoo and opt out of the default permissions to spam you under your marketing preferences.

          welcome to the club...

          david