Activating DL88 and DL89

  • k5qe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2010
      Hello to all on the list....the K5N group is finalizing our trip to DL88 and DL89. We have acquired an old TV van with the pneumatic mast and are almost done with the preparations on the truck.

      We will be traveling on June 28th using K5QE/R as the call. We expect to be operational at DL88 on June 29th about Noon. We will operate on 50.150MHz for both SSB/CW and FSK441(in the evenings after Es is closed). Rig will be a Pro2, a 250W amp, and a M2 6M5XHP.

      We will leave DL88 at 3PM on July 1 and begin the long drive out. We will set up in DL89xw for only one day on July 2nd. On July 3rd, we will be driving home, signing K5QE/R as we go.

      We will have NO Internet and NO cell phones, however, we have arranged with some members of the BBARC to post messages for us on some of the Internet forums. They will be posting on Ping Jockey Central when we are doing meteor scatter. We will be posting on ON4KST and the FFMA reflector at other times.

      It will REALLY HELP if you guys will post us to your favorite forum when you hear us. That will keep other stations aware of what is happening. Especially let everyone know when we change from SSB/CW to FSK. Thanks for that.

      The K5N Group is hoping for a big operation and we hope we can work everyone that needs DL88/89. If we get some great propagation, like we had in the June contest, we will work a lot of stations. GL to everyone....

      NOTE: ALL WSJT operations will be on WSJT7.

      73 The K5N Activation Group
      K5YG-Bill
      N5OMG-Danny
      N5YA-Bill
      K5QE-Marshall

      Support staff
      W5TFW-Joey, QSL Manager
      N0IRS-JD of the Grid Bandits, Webmaster and Videographer