Yahoo Spam

  • WB9UWA Jim Shaffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8 10:25 AM
      HI All,

      Well, I just joined this group hoping to learn what is going on with JT44
      EME.
      So far, little traffic, except SPAM has increased a lot in my in box.
      Anyone else notice that?
      Does it do any good to reply to the spam so they turn it off?
      So far I am ignoring it , but it does not go away.

      73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.
    • Jim Forsyth
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8 12:41 PM
        Ignoring it is 100% effective.

        Jim, AF6O

      • el29fx@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8 7:08 PM
          >So far, little traffic, except SPAM has increased a lot in my in box.
          >Anyone else notice that?
          >Does it do any good to reply to the spam so they turn it off?

          Yahoo has decided to open up everyones addressed to receive junk
          mail. you need to go to your yahoo preferences and tell it NO.

          I forget the procedures, but look at the archives, it's not to far
          back. It cut my junkmail down considerably.

          73
          Brian
          N5BA

        • DAVID MICHAEL GAYTKO // WD4KPD
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8 7:19 PM
            the attached text file is part of the problem...check it out.

            you must also go to yahoo and opt out of the default permissions to spam you under your marketing preferences.

            welcome to the club...

            david