RE: [wsjtgroup] WSJT and Ubuntu 10.04 works good here

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2010
      Hi Matthew.

      Yes i like Ubuntu also, it just nearly always works, period. I like that. I do have XP on another hard drive which i can boot into but rarely use it. Just for that program or two that Ubuntu doesn't run. After many years of Windoz slowing down, crapping out, popping up odd windows, and just outright failing at times, Ubuntu is GREAT. I just don't get why most users would put up with that mess.

      But much of the secret maybe that viruses and malware are written for Windoz. So maybe if Ubuntu got really popular they may write malicious code for it? We might ought to keep Ubuntu secret :-) That would be selfish would it not?

      Yes i've seen the had distro and tried an older version once. I also use Ubuntu with PSK31 and other modes sometimes.

      73
      Chuck
      AF4O

      On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 20:01 -0700, Matthew wrote:
      Hi Chuck I am also using Ubuntu 10.04 and I am loving it! Looks like I am going to drop XP all together on my laptop. On the topic of Linux and ham radio, did you know there is a distro geared for Ham Radio? Check this is out you can even run it as a live cd. http://hamshack-hack.sourceforge.net/  and the down load for the ham shack live cd http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/Harv-s-Hamshack-Hack-8515.shtml

      Have fun!

      73

      Matthew Lawson

      KC7EQO