Re: [wsjtgroup] How did you fare in the meteor shower?

  • jim bennett
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2003
      Hi Tomas, I would rate the shower about average to little below average. I have been running meteors since 1971. I do not take it too serious any more and sure do not want it to be anything like work.

      I worked the following on skeds set up on PJ:
      K7BV/1 EM13 50 MHZ  Sun 1259z
      K7BV/1 EM13 144 MHz Sun 1315z
      VE3SCP EN93 144 MHZ Sun1323z

      Worked WZ1V on 144 MHZ responding to his CQ. Sun 1422z

      50 MHz, FT-100D bare foot, 5 element at 50 ft, 1/2" Heliax
      144 MHz, FT100D, Pr 4cx250s, 18 element at 90 ft, 7/8" Heliax

      Of interest:
      My 144 tower rotor is stuck at 030 degrees....worked VE3SCP with ease, his relative bearing is 359. In addition I heard K0AWU several times very strongly on 144, his relative bearing, I believe is around 330 degrees.

      Tnx es 73
      Jim K4KAE