Random Hour Report for 5-1-2010

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2010
      Random Hour Report for 5/1/2010
      I received 5 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      K1JT WRK:W4FRA(R), W4AVY(R)

      W4AVY WRK: K1JT(R)

      WA5UFH WRK: KE7NR(R), HRD: N5SIX, N1LF, WA5DJJ

      W4FRA WRK: K1JT(R)

      WA5DJJ WRK: N5SIX(R) HRD: KE7NR

      2M
      K1JT WRK: KC9ELU(R)

      WA5UFH WRK: K0RI(S), XE2AT(S), K5DOG

      WA5DJJ HRD: K5DOG, WA5UFH, KU7Z

      Soapbox:
      WA5UFH: I am concerned about 2 meter random hour. This week
      only one random contact worked on 144.140 but random rox's
      are there. Normal contacts less than 1000 miles easily
      completed during 3 schedules today. Worked KE7NR random on
      two meters but where are the "east stations"? I know we would
      have heard anyone running 100 watts or more in the range
      400 - 1000 miles. Last Saturday we worked a schedule during
      RH AD4TJ 1195 miles. My point, where are the two meter guys?
      Looks like more stations should be attempting longer contacts
      that qualify for the Super Seven 10K award. Ok, no more
      complaining ... RH was still fun as usual, better roxs maybe
      next week and maybe more eastern stations.

      WA5DJJ: I am going to be monitoring 2M during the 2M periods. I
      can't transmit without wiping out Satellite TV dishes all over
      the Neighborhood. But I can listen in Stealth and I am copying
      some stations. Thanks for the reports. It is getting better.
      Talk up Meteor Scatter during your other Amateur Activities,
      You never know who is listening and you may plant a seed.

      73 Dave

      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/