How did you fare in the meteor shower?

  • Terry l Hosack
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2003
      Howdy, folks - I'm hoping to hear from you about your Meteor Shower radio

      activity. How were conditions? What did you accomplish? How does this
      one
      compare to past years? To other showers, this year?

      I'm hoping to write up a bit for the CQ VHF magazine. My deadline is
      today...
      if you have a moment, would you send me an e-mail with a report on your
      activities?

      Thanks!

      73 de Tomas, NW7US
      Echolink # 152783
      --
      : Propagation Editor for CQ, CQ VHF, and Popular Communications :
      : Quarterly Propagation Columnist for Monitoring Times Magazine :

      nw7us@...
    • jim bennett
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2003
        Hi Tomas, I would rate the shower about average to little below average. I have been running meteors since 1971. I do not take it too serious any more and sure do not want it to be anything like work.

        I worked the following on skeds set up on PJ:
        K7BV/1 EM13 50 MHZ  Sun 1259z
        K7BV/1 EM13 144 MHz Sun 1315z
        VE3SCP EN93 144 MHZ Sun1323z

        Worked WZ1V on 144 MHZ responding to his CQ. Sun 1422z

        50 MHz, FT-100D bare foot, 5 element at 50 ft, 1/2" Heliax
        144 MHz, FT100D, Pr 4cx250s, 18 element at 90 ft, 7/8" Heliax

        Of interest:
        My 144 tower rotor is stuck at 030 degrees....worked VE3SCP with ease, his relative bearing is 359. In addition I heard K0AWU several times very strongly on 144, his relative bearing, I believe is around 330 degrees.

        Tnx es 73
        Jim K4KAE
[...]

        To unsubscribe, send an email to: