Random Hour Report for 4-3-2010

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2010
      Random Hour Report for 4/3/2010
      I received 4 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      AA5AM WRK: WA5DJJ(R) CNR: KU8L HRD: W5WVO, WA5UFH, AF6O, W4AVY

      WA5DJJ WRK: AA5AM(R)

      WA5UFH CNR: WA5DJJ AF6O HRD: N80C, W5WVO, AA5AM

      WU9Q CNR: W5WVO HRD: AA5AM, W4AVY

      2M
      WA5UFH NADA HEARD

      Soapbox:
      AA5AM: Rox were really strange this morning. Absolutely nothing
      then they started coming back slowly. Bill WVO being the
      exception. I think he makes his own ionization trails sometimes.
      Heard AF6O (1222 miles) on a ping while I was working WA5DJJ.
      Might have been able to work him if there had been more rox.

      WA5UFH: Absolute worst random meteors during any random hour
      session I have ever heard. Maybe this is the bottom of the
      cycle of winter blues and things will turn around now.

      WA5DJJ: After these reports, I feel honored that I got to work
      AA5AM. Very strange conditions this Saturday. Hope it gets
      better soon.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/