Re: [wsjtgroup] DTV $ DISH CONVERSION

  • Lee Scott - AA1YN
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2003
      At 11:35 PM 12/10/2003 +0000, you wrote:

      >HOW ABOUT IT GANG.
      >
      >IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS DONE OR AT LEAST HEARD OF CONVERTING DTV, OR
      >DISH SMALL SATELLITE EQUIPTMENT TO USE IN HAM RELATED COMMUNICATION.
      >IF SO PLEASE POST INFO OR LINKS.
      >
      >THANK YOU
      >
      >ART K8FA/5
      Art,

      I've been using the DSS dish with a highly modified DSS feedhorn for 10G
      for a couple of years now. These are very popular with the 10G and Up
      contesters and VHF contest rovers. You can see some of my info on
      http://www.aa1yn.com and click on the microwave link.

      Lee Scott - AA1YN
      Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
      Hooksett, NH
      FN43gc52
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2003
        Message
        I converted mine into a wok. The really good news is I can transmit shrimp in garlic sauce in packet.
        Bob     kb1enb