Re: [wsjtgroup] TS2000 AFSK SETUP

  • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30 11:55 AM
      David,

      The dumb and simple way to solve this problem is to get a RIGblaster Plug-&-Play along with their Kenwood-compatible 13-pin ACC2 adapter. Just plug it in, follow the directions, and it just works.

      Bill W5WVO

      Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:42 PM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] TS2000 AFSK SETUP

      HELLO ALL....

      just got new rig (ts2000). the manual doesn't cover afsk ops through
      the data jack in any sensible way.

      if you know how to do it, please let me know, be glad to talk on the
      land line if necessary.

      david/wd4kpd

      252 402 6765

      --
      God's law is set in stone : everything else is negotiable

    • K. D. Sarchet
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30 12:53 PM

        David,

        Ditto with the Rascal.  Plug it in, and it just works.

        73 de WY5R - KD

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30 3:09 PM
          David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD wrote:
          > HELLO ALL....
          >
          > just got new rig (ts2000). the manual doesn't cover afsk ops through
          > the data jack in any sensible way.
          >
          > if you know how to do it, please let me know, be glad to talk on the
          > land line if necessary.

          ACC2 is the way to go, see Page 95 of the manual for connection details.
          MANO, PKD and PKS are the pins you need for AFSK. Use PKS to trigger
          PTT as the Computer port PTT only allows audio in through the front Mic
          connection on the TS2000.

          Or, buy a US Interface Navigator and the ready made up lead for the
          TS2000 and just plug it all together.

          Dave (G0DJA)
        • Al
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30 4:13 PM
            David:
            I know you have received a couple of replies to your question.
            I have the TS2000 and use the US Interface Navigator with it. I also have the SignaLink USB that I use with it when in my RV. They both come with the cable of your choice.
            Both are great devices.
            73, and GL,
            Al
            WA4EWV