Do I need to calibrate my SignaLink sound card ?

  • nihongostudent
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010
      I have been using my new SignaLink USB for about a month on PSK31 and it has worked quite well. And for about a week I have been attempting to set up my system for WSJT . So far I have the WSJT program downloaded and have installed the DX4clock synchronizer and the WWV standalone program to check it.
      The sound card being the other big issue I tried to calibrate the SignaLink card " audio codec " and was never able to get it to stabilize. The best I could get on in and out was about .9800 after 20 minutes and that does not seem right at all. I have a few idiot questions. Please be patient. Do I have the signaLink turned on or off while I calibrate?Do I have the transceiver turned on or off while I calibrate? Do I really need to calibrate the SignaLink if it has been working alright on PSK31 PSK63 PSK125 RTTY 45 baud ? And finally, on receiving WSJT do I need to synchronize first or second minute like when transmitting?Any insight will be appreciated
      Richard
      HS0ZFQ