500Mhz CPU?

  • acutler22
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      I have an older computer I would like to run WSJT on. Its an old 500Mhz AMD with 512Mbytes of RAM running Win XP SP3. I am pretty much stuck with this machine until I have the funds to upgrade. However, I was wondering if I can "limp by" with this machine for WSJT modes like WSPR, JT65B, etc?

      By the way, WSJT would be the *only* program running on the computer, with a fresh install of XP there is very little "bloatware" to compete with WSJT.

      Anyone have any thoughts? Would an older version of WSJT be in order?
    • Jerry Siegmund
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
        I use a 'dedicated 'Ol Timer' on WSJT myself.. A Compaq P3, Win XP, 996Mhz and 128Mhz of RAM.. Gets a Lil Slow if I have a couple things running in the background.. but does not seem to bother WSJT at all !  I think you will be Fine..
        Jerry VE6CPP
        DN39or