REMINDER: 2010 WSJTGroup Winter/Spring Sprints

  • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2010
      The first 2010 WSJTGroup Sprint will be held on the LAST Saturday morning of the month, January 30th.

      THAT'S TOMORROW MORNING!!

      The rules will stay the same as for the last Sprint (April 2009). These rules are posted at http://www.ykc. com/wa5ufh/ Sprint/W5WVO_ Sprints.htm .

      Subsequent Sprints for 2010 will be on February 27th, March 27th, and April 24th.

      Send me your results by email no later than the following Saturday! Any questions, please contact me directly or on the WSJTGroup Yahoo reflector (http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/WSJTgroup).

      Bill W5WVO
    • Russ K2TXB
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
        Hi all. I used to be able to go to a web page and see current data from the NASA Forward Scatter Meteors site, that would show the current meteor count at their system.  However when I go to that location now all I get is an old gif file showing something from May 2008:

        I did a search and found several pages related to the setup, but nothing where current data is displayed.

        Wonder if anyone here knows of any other site where real time (or near real time) data is available?

        Additional info:  Before sending the above I tried a slightly different search and found this site:

        There there is data from a number of stations in Europe and a few in the USA where data from individuals is posted.  There are none on the East coast of the US, one in IL, and several in the west.  However I am not convinced how accurate these amateur observations are.  The guy in IL uses a 5 element Yagi and an Alinco DX60 receiver.  That is a pretty poor receiver if I recall.  And his current data looks like the sky is filled with meteors!  What I am looking for is some scientifically gathered, real time, data.  Anyone know anything about this?

        Thanks, Russ K2TXB