11/1/03 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2003
      It would appear to have been fairly active group last week.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      W5SNX - Worked KM5PO, heard WA5UFH reports to KD5IUG
      K5CZD - heard WB2FKO
      KM5PO - worked W5SNX m/s and also KD5IUG JT44
      WA5UFH - Near miss at end with KD5IUG, heard W5SNX, KM5PO and NJ0U
      KD5IUG - Worked KM5PO tropo JT44 and just needed RRR rock with WA5UFH

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      W5SNX - nothing heard (saw note Dick had preamp problems and now fixed)
      K5CZD - heard KM5PO amd WW2R
      KG4OLG - Heard WA5UFH - Welcome John from EM55!
      KM5PO - Worked K5CZD, called W5SNX and heard WW2R (local)
      KI4BYV - heard W5SNX - Welcome Les from FM15!
      WA5UFH - Worked KN7NR, heard KM5PO, W5SNX, N5OSK and also WW2R at end of RH
      and one more new one:
      K0OZ - heard CQ from WA5UFH on 10/25 6m RH - Welcome Joe from EM37

      We welcome KG4OLG, KI4BYV and K0OZ. If any operators wonder about the
      value of RH, all three report getting their receive going and their 1st
      decodes with the help of all the pings flying around. We look forward
      to seeing them on the TX side as well!

      Suggestion to group. Tip and I could well have finished QSO last week
      but we both broke off to QSY to 6m at end of 2m hour. I was sending RRR
      at the time. If you are in QSO on 2m, you should feel free to continue
      into next hour to complete. Certainly continue 6m QSO after 1600z to
      complete. My feeling is RH is for learning and fun and you should count
      any qso initiated during RH so do not "pull the plug" at the end of hour.

      If any new operators wish to join in tomorrow's activity periods, you
      may review RH procedures manual on WA5UFH's site at:
      http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/randomhour.htm

      Hope all have good weekend and will see many in the AM for 11/8/03 RH