Re: [wsjtgroup] Quad wire question

  • JAYB
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002
      Insulation (assuming it's the usual plastic covering, low loss stuff) should make no measureable difference at 50 mhz. Cut the antenna to the specified dimensions. May make some difference at 420 mhz and above, would strip off the insulation if using the wire for UHF beams.
      73, jay - k2ovs
    • JAYB
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002
        Why a Quad, anyhow ? Has no advantage over a Yagi of comparable length, harder to build, tune, install, rotate and keep up in wind and ice storms.
        jay - k2ovs :))
      • Jacob Tennant
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002
          I like them????
          > Why a Quad, anyhow ? Has no advantage over a Yagi of comparable length,
          harder to build, tune, install, rotate and keep up in wind and ice storms.
          > jay - k2ovs :))

        • JAYB
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002
            they (quads) do have a certain artistic quality - hard to argue with personal taste ; I myself find spiral loops most gratifying.