10/25/03 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
      Got 'zooed' and 'malled' last week while in Memphis last weekend. Hope
      to catch many for 11/1 RH.
      10/25/2003 Random Hour Summary

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      AF4O - in QSO when 2m RH ended - Slow rocks
      W5SNX - nil this report
      WA5UFH - Heard W5SNX, in QSO at end with AF4)
      Tip also notes poor rocks
      WB2FKO - not a ping.

      Reporting
      Stattion 6m
      AF4O - CQ's from WA5UFH, N5OSK, W5SNX and WD4KPD
      W5SNX - Heard and called WA5UFH - Dick also noted lack of rocks
      WA5UFH - In Qso with W5SNX at end. Heard N5OSK, AA9MY, K4FJW
      and AF4O
      AA9MY - Contact but not complete with N5OSK (tropo coming in from Tip)
      Heard
      W1IPL, W5SNX, WD4KPD, AF40 and decoded KO0Z ????
      WW2R - Tried N5OSK 0 no joy. Heard WA5UFH and AA9MY.

      Lets hope for better rocks tomorrow - 73 - Bruce, KD5IUG
    • Joseph A. Counsil
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
        Hello,

        I am new to WSJT modes, but copied my first solid signal from WA5UFH
        on 25 October (after several weeks of attempting to copy signals):

        152301 2.0 80 2 16 2 WA5UFH,CQ U6 W

        I was slow in attempting to call back, so called CQ a few times.
        Apparently, my CQ was at least partially copied (the "KO0Z ????"
        mentioned below). So, there IS hope with this mode! Ha, ha!

        73!
        -Joe-

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Brackin <bbrackin@b...> wrote:
        > 10/25/2003 Random Hour Summary

        > Heard
        > W1IPL, W5SNX, WD4KPD, AF40 and decoded KO0Z ????
        > WW2R - Tried N5OSK 0 no joy. Heard WA5UFH and AA9MY.

      • Randy Tipton
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003

          Joe wrote…

          >So, there IS hope with this mode

          Hello Joe and glad you were listening during the Random Hour. These activity periods are excellent opportunities for newbies to join in. Random Hours provide an abundance of signals when a few stations participate. I will listen for you and hope to see you on the Ping Jockey soon also making skeds. By the way, if your not totally familiar with the procedures I would have been listening Up 6KHz. (CQ U6 WA5UFH) So if you heard me on 50.260 I would have been listening on 50.266MHz. Good luck and welcome aboard!!!

          Tip

          WA5UFH

          I am new to WSJT modes, but copied my first solid signal from WA5UFH
          on 25 October (after several weeks of attempting to copy signals):

          152301  2.0   80  2 16    2     WA5UFH,CQ U6 W

          I was slow in attempting to call back, so called CQ a few times.
          Apparently, my CQ was at least partially copied (the "KO0Z ????"
          mentioned below).  So, there IS hope with this mode!  Ha, ha!

          73!
          -Joe-

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Brackin <bbrackin@b...> wrote:
          > 10/25/2003 Random Hour Summary

          > Heard
          >                   W1IPL, W5SNX, WD4KPD, AF40 and decoded KO0Z ????
          > WW2R  - Tried N5OSK 0 no joy.  Heard WA5UFH and AA9MY.

          To unsubscribe, send an email to: