PTT for a FT-897D

  • ve1cdd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hi

      Trying to learn WSJT. I am able to RX and the program tells me I am TX. The radio does not transmit.

      I am using CT-62 cable and port one. It appears the software wants to key something that the CT-62 does not understand. All the cable and equipment are good as I use the same set up with many other digital programs.I normally use a CAT form of PTT in the other programs. Tried entering CAT n the port box but no luck.

      All ideas and help welcome

      John VE1CDD
    • Dave Ackrill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
        ve1cdd wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > Trying to learn WSJT. I am able to RX and the program tells me I am TX. The radio does not transmit.
        >
        > I am using CT-62 cable and port one. It appears the software wants to key something that the CT-62 does not understand. All the cable and equipment are good as I use the same set up with many other digital programs.I normally use a CAT form of PTT in the other programs. Tried entering CAT n the port box but no luck.

        I think WSJT normally wants to control the PTT pin on one of the
        accessory sockets, so that might be your problem.

        Just putting the word 'CAT' in the port box wont help you at all, as
        WSJT doesn't output CAT commands, you need to find out which accessory
        port the radio expects to see its hard wired PTT on.

        I'm sure someone with an FT-897 will be able to advise you.

        Dave (G0DJA)
      • Mike Miller
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2010
          Hi John,

          If you are connecting to to the 6 pin minidin data port, try
          using the DIG VOX. I used that with my FT-857 for all digital
          modes since I didn't have spare comport at that time. It worked
          for WSPR, but I didn't try the other weak signal modes.

          Mike kc9doa