Random Hour Report for 12-19-2009

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2009
      Message
      Random Hour Report for 12/19/2009
      I received 8 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      KA2BSK WRK: K0AWJ(S), W9JN(S), K2DRH(R), K8WW(A & JT6M)

      WA5UFH WRK: K2DRH(R), N3LL(R), W0IOH(R), K8WW(S), HRD: K8MD,
      KE7NR, K0CIY,N8JX, W5UWB

      W9SE HRD: K8MD

      W5UWB WRK: W0IOH(R)

      W3RGA HRD: K2DRH  K8WW  KA2BSK  N1MNU  WA4HFN  KC8YJB

      2M
      K5TTT NOTHING

      WA5UFH WRK: W4ENN(R), K2DRH(R), N4QV(S) CNR: K5TTT HRD: K8MD,
      KE7NR, W5UWB

      W5UWB WRK: K0RI(S), K7MAC/P(S), K2DRH(S)

      N8RA CNR: W4ENN HRD: K2DRH, WB3BEL, K8MD

      WB3BEL CNR: K2DRH, W4ENN HRD: N8RA, K5TTT

      UPCOMING METEOR SHOWERS:
      December 22 - Ursids (December 17 to December 26)
      December 29 - Coma Berenicids (December 12 to January 23)

      Soapbox:
      K5TTT: Nothing heard or worked this morning. Called CQ all
      2m hour.  Nothing heard.

      WA5UFH: really enjoyed the random activity last week during the
      meteor shower. Not as good today but still some nice meteor scatter
      for those who played. Doesn't seem right but only one more random
      hour this year!

      W5UWB: As an aside at 16:02utc I worked SM6MVE on my moonrise
      (144.118) using JT65B. He has 4x9el and NO elevation control,
      200w. I had my usual 21el and NO elevation control and 1500w.
      73 and Merry Christmas to you and yours

      N8RA: I've been off MS most of this year- just had to put radio
      to the back burner. But I've worked a few contests this fall,
      and today was getting the wiring back together here for WSJT.
      This morning I was only able to get the 2M setup Bgoing; ran
      out of time for 6M.

      WA5DJJ: It is great to have two hands again on the keyboard. I hope
      to get my Antenna wiring back on the tower and be back chasing
      Meteors after the first of the year.  Still have some rehab on my
      left arm, it is really weak.  Merry Christmas Everyone. Thanks for
      the reports.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...