Re: [wsjtgroup] Switching Tx1 to TX2 on the fly

  • Al
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2009

      Bob:
      If you are talking about meteor scatter, and you are lucky enough to have a burn before you switch and then another after you switch, I am not sure what the automatic decoding will do, but the receiving station can click inside the first burn and get the first message then click inside the second burn and get the second message. More than likely he will click the first burn first, and assuming he decodes TX1, will not bother with the second burn. Realize, of course, that completing a meteor scatter qso can take quite a while. Worrying about changing horses in the middle of the stream is rather futile.

      If you are talking about EME, the receiving station can see the switch on the waterfall.

      You asked about cycle. I think the better term is period. That is fixed as 30 seconds transmit and 30 seconds receive for HSMS. For EME it is 60 tx and 60 rx. I guess that could be called a cycle. Semantics.

      The sending procedure can be viewed by pressing F5 in the WSJT 7 window. This will tell you what to send and when.

      Hope this clarifies things a little bit for you.
      73,
      Al
      WA4EWV