Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT Program

  • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 185 Bytes
    Chris_M skrev:
    This message is directed to any Developer or anyone else who has a working WSJT in LINUX

    What Version of LINUX are you using? i.e Debian-Lenny; Ubuntu-9.10 etc

    What Version of numpy are you using? The default that is in the Repositories;  have uninstalled the default and downgraded to    numpy 1.0.4.tar.gz     or have upgraded to      numpy 1.4.0 rc1.tar.gz

    N9JCA Chris Matthews

    I'm running r1313 on Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 using the library versions of numpy etc..
    To quote from an email from Joe:
    Yes, I happen to have made a .deb file that will install
    WSJT 7.04 r1313 on Ubuntu 9.04.  I made it last August as a
    learning tool; I had never made a .deb installation package
    before.  It seems to work fine, and you can download it from

    http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt_7.04r1313_i386.deb

    In the directory where you have saved the .deb file, you
    should then execute the following command:

    $ sudo dpkg --instdir=. -i wsjt_7.04r1313_i386.deb

    You might see messages about missing packages.  If so, use
    the Synaptic Package Manager to install them, and then
    re-execute the above command.  On a clean installation of
    *ubuntu 9.04 you will probably need to pre-install these
    packages:

       python-numpy
       python-tk
       python-imaging-tk
       libsamplerate0

    You can install these with apt-get or with the Synaptic
    Package Manager (or another tool of your choice... there are
    many).

    To start WSJT, enter the commends

    $ cd WSJT_DEB
    $ ./wsjt

    You may have to use the "radiovonv" dodge to get samling to work. Just put the attached file, edited apropriately (cardnumber must be equal to your actual HW - you can see that in the terminal when you call wsjt) in the /home/xxxx  folder as a hidden file, and select "radioconv as your sound devices.

    --
    Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

    **********************************
    ** Everything should be made as **