WA5UFH Contest Plans

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2009
      I will be in the NA VHF WSJT Geminids Contest operating as "Random Only".
      Listen for me and if you have both bands I will ask you to qsy to the
      opposite band after the RRR"s are received. Listen for the request and 3
      digit frequency. (Example QSY XXX)

      I prefer to work stations off the call frequencies so will be using the
      offset method of calling CQ. We will use short hand messages unless we
      notice the frequency is occupied then I switch to appended messages.

      I will also attempt to "Tailend" contacts as they complete that I both hear
      and need.

      Good luck to all in the contest! Let's break the bank guys, I hope to
      receive about 100 logs entries.

      Oh, remember stations operating "Assisted" to always listen on the call
      frequency when not attempting contacts. The random contacts are better
      because they count more! <grin>

      Tip
      WA5UFH