RE: [wsjtgroup] Meteor Scatter charts

  • Charlie Calhoun, K5TTT
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009

      See below for my answers.

      Are you on LOTW, Bob?  I need KY on LOTW and we should be able to work just about any time via meteors and WSJT.  You might also check out this page http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/randomhour.htm  Random hour takes place every Sat. and Sun. mornings and you will find more stations operating during these times.  You can coordinate schedules with other stations via pingjockey linked below.

      73 and good luck!

      Charlie, K5TTT

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
        Bill W5WVO said the following, On 12/8/09 4:35 PM:
        > Hi Bob,
        >
        > Go to http://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalk .

        got it, and registered. thanks

        > Adjust the WSJT FSK441 output using the Windows sound controls in

        though the USB-Codec shows up in available ... inside WSJT when I select
        Options and then Rx or Tx, I get the same error that there is a problem
        with my Sound device ....

        Yet WSPR works fine as do numerous other interfaces to the FT-950.

        I seem to be decoding albeit garbage/random. I can adjust the Rx input
        level by adjusting the SignaLink Rx knob ... and see that level change
        in WSJT.

        Tx knob on SignaLink has no effect as the same with Windows-XP volume
        control for the selected Audio device

        The console window appearing at WSJT startup shows m the correct devices
        and did select them ... but when the 30 seconds comes up to Tx, a full
        100 watts is output and the waveform shape seems CW to me ... but you
        guys said it was modulated (in WSPR) and I am unable at present to
        verify that one as I could in WSPR by noting I was decoded elsewhere on
        the planet

        > Sending all
        > five messages is a common mistake made by WSJT newbies which unnecessarily
        > prolongs QSO attempts.

        rr thanks ...

        > I'll be happy to give you any additional help you need. I'm on Ping Jockey
        > every morning, usually starting around 1300Z or earlier in many cases.

        I'm listening starting about 120z to 1300z fr a couple hours, depending
        on Wx (here). Will run it up in about an hour after I feed, now.

        BTW, I am using Parallels to generate Windows-XP, as I am on a Mac.

        73
        KD7YZ
      • Bato, Andras
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2009
          Gentlemen,

          There's nothing like Virgo!

          You had better visit:

          http://www.dl1dbc.net/Meteorscatter/

          You may sand some roses to Sabine who wrote this wonderful software.

          Do not forget you need JAVA, i.e. JRE to run it!

          gl de ha6nn
          Andy